Ever purged your collection in pursuit of one bag? How did it go?

I'm not so sure about this, LOL! I have a few big names and while I do love the big guys, I love the little guys still.

Agreed. I don't think anyone will be prying my hands off of my Belen Echandia Love Me Midi in black crash anytime soon. ;)

I don't have to treat that bag with leather conditioner or anything and it looks fantastic, through snow, rain, and maybe even the Apocalypse, lol! :nuts:

Plus the leather's TDF.

i've done it as well...but then felt some regret...so, what i'm doing now is setting my sights on top designers and getting a moderate bag from them as opposed to the top of the line...that way i get to keep most of my bags and get a "flavor" from a new line!

Hey, shout out to the MA bag lovers!!

(I live in Northampton). ;)

And your words of advice are appreciated. I personally don't see myself going for any designer exotics anytime soon, either...that would require some serious plasma sales on my part. I just content myself with drooling over what others have around here. There are some real works of art out there!!!

when i started collecting LV i had many mid $$$ leather bags. i sold 3 and got a LV with the cash, it was the bast thing i ever did. No regrets at all i love the one LV way more that the other 3 bags i sold to fund it.

I have the distinct feeling that I will be you in a few week's time. And the prospect thrills me. :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing!

I'm sooo happy for you! It really is liberating isn't it? I felt the same way when I sold my entire HH collection of bags. I still have some HH SLGs and I love and use those.

Do it, Loquita, do it!

I'm going to live vicariously through you, because, while I'm a purger when it comes to nearly everything else, I have a terrible time parting with bags. This sucks, because my philosophy is similar to yours--rather have a small collection of bags that I truly love than a larger collection of bags that are seldom in the rotation. I wish that I had the courage to clear out a few bags that I never wear, and stash that money away for a HG.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I think it sounds like a great idea! I like to use the one bag in one bag out theory. I try to keep my collection small (about six or seven bags). Sometimes it makes me nervous about having so many bags for some reason!

I did it once before and overall have no regrets. Sometimes I think maybe the group of bags I sold I should've kept one of them and sold a different. But nothing really bothers me to the point that I would do anything about it. I sold several bags to fund my LV Mono Galliera PM. I've had it almost two years. I love it...I will NEVER sell it. It is by far the most comfortable shoulder bag I own...big enough to carry all my stuff with plenty of extra room. I personally love the way vachetta patinas so as it keeps getting darker I fall more in love with it (though it's taking a long time cause I switch my bags out so much).

I wanted a bag that would last. That would withstand weather conditions. That could be repaired if needed, cleaned, lining replaced, etc. A bag that I could count on good customer service. I also wanted a bag that if for some reason I had to sell off all my bags I would be content with. My Galliera fits the bill. I hope one day they will make it in the black/grey Damier that way I can have one black, one brown. Maybe one day. :yes:

Honestly I would love to get to the point one day where I only have 4 or 5 really great bags to cover everything but I don't see that happening any time soon, lol.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and advice!! :hugs:

knas, your example has really helped to convince me :smile:...I am going to sell just about everything (and I mean pretty much everything) and go for a collection that looks something like this:

1 Red bag
1 Black bag
1 Bad weather bag (maybe something in coated canvas)
1 Small convertible clutch/cross-body (I already have one of these so I will likely just keep it...I don't tend to use them as much, anyway, so would rather invest my $ in everyday pieces).

And since I currently own only one large wallet and one small wallet that I love, I will keep those unless I happen upon something that knocks me out.

How's that for a radical change?

I feel so great about this plan!!!! :yahoo:

I don't know about this, Loquita. You are a bit fickle when it comes to bags. ;) If I recall, there's a purple bag that you insisted you would keep. It appears that one got the axe. :nuts:

Luckily, I don't have to think about cutting back right now because I'm very happy with the bags I have. However, if I had a bunch of bags that I no longer wanted, I would get rid of them and start over. I wouldn't necessarily go for a more expensive brand because I prefer the mid-range brands. Plus, I wouldn't cut back too much because I like to have some variety in terms of color and style. I have 9 everyday bags right now and that is a good number for me. I could probably cut back to 6 if I had to, but there is no reason for me to do so right now.

I hope you keep your Black Crash LM Midi and Black Haze 3-Zip MAC. I use my Black Crash TME Midi more than any other bag and I'm starting to get a lot of use out of my Black Haze 3-Zip MAC.

Good luck!

I don't know about this, Loquita. You are a bit fickle when it comes to bags. ;) If I recall, there's a purple bag that you insisted you would keep. It appears that one got the axe. :nuts:

Luckily, I don't have to think about cutting back right now because I'm very happy with the bags I have. However, if I had a bunch of bags that I no longer wanted, I would get rid of them and start over. I wouldn't necessarily go for a more expensive brand because I prefer the mid-range brands. Plus, I wouldn't cut back too much because I like to have some variety in terms of color and style. I have 9 everyday bags right now and that is a good number for me. I could probably cut back to 6 if I had to, but there is no reason for me to do so right now.

I hope you keep your Black Crash LM Midi and Black Haze 3-Zip MAC. I use my Black Crash TME Midi more than any other bag and I'm starting to get a lot of use out of my Black Haze 3-Zip MAC.

Good luck!

:lol:

Who, me??? Fickle??? :P

I really love the fact that you are so honest with me, msterling. :hugs:

I truly do!!!

And you are right about the purple bag in question (cough, cough) it truly pains me to sell it because I adore the leather and color, but it's been at least 8 months since I've worn it because it's so very big. It drives me nuts to have anything around that I don't use for that long (this goes for shoes, clothes, etc.) even though I usually try to wait a year before I get rid of my clothing items for lack of use. I have been sorely tempted to keep it merely for sentimental reasons since it was my first BE, but I don't know if I can justify that, either.

And I am keeping the black crash LM Midi!!! That stays for sure!! :tup:

But it's too late for the Black Haze 3 Zip MAC. I already sold it. It went in a nanosecond.

(Shhhh.....don't tell knas!!!) :nuts:

You? Fickle? You bet!

Somebody has to be straight with you. Plus, it's fun to tease you! :biggrin:

I'm glad that the Black Crash LM Midi escaped unharmed from this vicious downsizing. :sweatdrop:

You already sold the BH MAC! :wtf: I love that bag! I thought for sure that this bag would survive. I have a feeling that knas will be back on this thread and will see what you did.

I'll think of you when I use my smaller version of the purple bag. :hugs: