marino orlandi handbag??

Several years ago I bought a MO beautiful brown all leather "fanny pack" with lovely brass clips and buckles. I would very much like to purchase a new one. I bought it at T.J. Maxx, but as we know it is catch as catch can. Are they still being made by MO? Can anyone help me find one?

I just came back from Italy with 28 MO bags. They were sold to the stores in 24 hours . I am not an exclusive diastributor as some here claim( they don't have an exclusive as far as they told me). TJ max bags are last year or older models and the euro was lover at that time, so that's why the prices are low. Average MO bag goes for $ 350-400 at a distributor side. I import other bags, but MO is the best so far by quality and by design. :heart:

Any MO "fanny packs" with those purses you brought back?
Anna Mills

Marino Orlandis are the absolute BEST ever! Ihave purchased Dooney and Bourke, Coach, and even real Louis Vuittons before. There is NO comparison! I have 10 handbags: Purple, Red, 2 - black, Tan/Brown, Pink/White, Tan/White, Tan, Brown Alligator, Blue/Black Snakeskin; 3 pieces of luggage; and 2 briefcases. I purchased them all from TJ Maxx over the past 7 years. They are all holding up beautifully. My only problem is that the supply at TJ Maxx seems to be waning or I'd be buying more! I recently read that Marshall's carried them as well. Is that true? The ones on EBay are obviously re-sales of ones purchased at TJ Maxx, and don't want to spend an extra $100 for them.
thanks!:smile:

i would love to see the 8x8 x 6 bag your sister carries i not found one like that yet, but i always revert back to this size and wear as a crossbody. pics?;) i would love to buy one that is that size wanna sell? haha i haven't even seen it yet. you can tell i am an addict! i miss my favorite marino orlandi.

Hi! I have what I believe to be a vintage Marino Orlandi. :wonderingI would like to know what opinions are of it. It is obviously a well-made bag, and I don't think it was purchased at a TJ Maxx just because I do think it is vintage by the style and the "wear" on the hardware (seems to have faded from its orginal gold color in places on the buckles). In my mind (anyway) I picture a woman purchasing this purse on a trip to Italy.... It is a classic style and I usually carry bags more updated, but I can't force myself to let it go. Anyway...anyone have more history on this designer or on the quality of these bags overall, etc.?

Last edited:
Hey katlun, this picture is actually from one of our eBay listings, Marino Orlandi makes great quality products. They are a bit of an "underground" secret right now but I suspect that the company will become a lot more popular in the US market within the next year or so because they're already well known in Europe.

We became their official distributor because I've had a few of their purses over the last 3-4 years and the quality still amazes me. So needless to say I really recommend them. If you're curious about their products overall, feel free to check out our store (http://www.evelana.com), we import them directly from Marino Orlandi in Italy. I even told them to transport the purses inside the original cardboard packaging (as opposed to taking them out of the box for cheaper transportation as many other companies do). :smile:

Hi there! you seem like an expert, so i thought i would ask. are there KNOCKOFFS of this brand? I have a satchel on layaway at TJ maxx and thought I would see if i could find it cheaper online... but now i'm worried about buying a knockoff by mistake! like my satchel doesn't have a signature lining i don't think like the one i saw on ebay...

if they HAVE been 'replicated' -- what can i look for to know it's not the real deal ?

thanks!

:smile:

Some things I never give away. This bag was my own personal treasure and once it is gone, it is gone forever in eternity.
I am not concern with mythical other man, too bad for them.
I donate plenty of things...

thats how i feel about my antique (victorian era) engagement ring.

its going to the bottom of the ocean before i die!

i don't want some other girl buying it in an antique shop 100 years from now (like i did!)

:smile:

Hi, I'm Lisa.

New to the Forum but have been collecting handbags for years. I wanted to share the find I got yesterday at my local Goodwill store.
I saw this brown leather bag and it was in good shape with no rips or tears so I thought what the heck... I paid $2.19 for it. Got it home and researched the designer's name Marino Orlandi. Found out that this handbag is worth far more than $2.19. :yahoo:

I look forward to participating on this board.

I know that Orlandi bags were being sold at Dillard's.

I love most any leather bags made in Italy that are sold in TJ Maxx. The Italian leather bags tend to be produced in full grain, very thick smooshy leathers. There is one brand called Due Fratelli (i think that's the full name) from Italy that is downright sumptuous -- thick leather that would knock the socks off many designer bags. I had to pass one up because it didn't complement my body shape but omg too gorgeous.

Here is the one I found at Good will. I love it. It's not fancy but classy.

24m9b95.jpg

I cleaned it with leather cleaner and it's just like new. looks like it was only used gently. and I plan to take care of it. of course my husband wants me to sell it on ebay since I only got it for $2.19 I think I'll keep it.

Hi ladies,
Am new to this site, but have been watching and learning from it (and you) forever! Found a Marino Orlando bag at TJMaxx yesterday, and AFTER buying it of course, came home to do a little "research". Found this link, and am now very proud of myself!! Want to post a pic, but need to figure out how! It's the bag I've had in my mind for a long time but was unable to find. Made of a super soft smooth black leather, with patent handles, and patent trim on each end, and shiny gold hardware (prettttty!!) Perfect strap length, and perfect pockets!

MO.jpg