Box leather for a clutch...?

aspenmartial

Over the rainbow~~~
O.G.
Apr 13, 2006
Hi, everyone!

What do you guys think about box leather, especially for a clutch or even for a bag (like Kelly/ Birkin/ Bolide)?

I am thinking about box clutch...Maybe in Jige or mini Kelly pouchette...etc. But Box leather is easily get scratched and it's not good in rain. So, should I avoid this leather, and consider others? But box leather looks so chic and stylish!:heart: Maybe I should consider more for if it's practical or not than the look?

Please give me any inputs/thoughts on box leather:idea: ! Thanks!!!

BOX leather is GORGEOUS for a clutch, Aspen. Gorgeous!!!! I'm a big fan of Box as you know......

Attachments

• Elan&Lou.jpg
    Elan&Lou.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 109
I have been drooling on shopmom's Kelly elan in chamonix (sp?):P :drool: . But it's discontnued/ hard to find leather...right? So, most similar leather might be a box leather....I am having a bad clutch craving now...Hmmmm....:hysteric:

Hi, I have a box calf 30cm birkin and I love it. It's about 2 years old and it still looks new. The great thing about box calf is that it's suppose to look better with age and I have heard that when you have it polished it looks brand new. I still haven't had the need to have it polished yet. My friend has a 35cm box calf birkin that is 10 years old and it has a beautiful patina to it now. I am excited to have my birkin get the patina. I live in LA so I haven't had to deal with rain yet but I have spilled coffee on it and it didn't even leave a stain. I hope that helped. One bad thing is that it looks too dressy to use everyday. I only use it when I go out to eat at a nice resturant. I like my clemence leather for everyday use.:yes:
Here is a picture of the two bags side by side.
000_0302.jpg

It's Chamonix Aspen and she hasn't been a problem at all. You just have to be a little cautious with Chamoni and Box but if you're used to exotics, then this leather will be a breeze. :yes:

Aspen, not sure how often you'd use a Boxcalf clutch in the rain but it is such an understated and elegant leather for such a bag. I've posted this before and I'll post it again--my Kelly Elan in black Box w/ silver palladium HW (sorry for "hot spots" on hardware).
kellyelanboxfront.jpg