International shipping of exotic CL`s.

Blueberry12

Naughty Kitten
O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
My UHG is on the US Ebay in my size , but I am in Sweden.

And I´ve heard that exotics can not be shipped internationally, however I remember some of you got exotics from abroad.

:smile:

I´d like be be greatful for advices how to get my dreamshoes.

PG_159105145_FS.jpg

I don't have much experience with shipping overseas, but I think that it all depends on each country's restrictions. For example, I think you can't ship leather goods to Italy (or something similar).

Of course, if you are purchasing from an eBay seller, they may just mark it as "shoes" on the custom form and customs may not even check it (whereas a retail store may write the official shoe name and material). For example, python cannot be shipped to California, but I purchased a pair of python CLs from eBay and I got them no problem.

Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on that. :smile:

I have found that certain places don't export exotics because doing so requires them to obtain a permit. This involves paperwork which can be time consuming. I have been able to import exotics without hassles. The only thing I do is ensure is that the seller is okay with not indicating on the customs declaration form that the item is exotic. That has worked for me so far. Of course, there is always the risk of getting the items confiscated at customs if they do find out but I'm too CL obsessed to not to take the risk!

yes i agree with jred - shipping exotics from a private seller is usually not a problem if they do not mark the shoes as "exotic"... the only problems i have heard about/encountered are shipping exotics INTO the US from one of the boutiques, since they have to fill out all these forms, and be very specific about the item (in other words, they can't "lie" about the shoe...), and they need a special CITES form or something like that.

if the seller agrees to ship it and not mark as an exotic, i don't see this being a problem for you... GOOD LUCK on getting your UHG!!!

Hi everyone,

This thread is a really good reference thread. Now I am a bit paniced! I just purchased the Eel Altadamas from the UK. I think the seller shipped the shoes on Saturday although I don't have a tracking # yet. Its through Royal Mail I think. I didn't work out with them to just mark shoes on the form and to be honest I didn't even think about the fact that the shoes had to go through customs. I was just excited to buy the shoes. Do you think this will be a problem? I was thinking about asking the seller what they put on the customs form but I didn't want to sound too sketch.

Thanks Blueberry! I will definitely let you know if/when I get the shoes! I am soo glad the seller is willing to ship to you. I hope you get them for a great price. They shoes are gorgeous!! Such a pretty color mix too! :smile:

Hey Ladyjazz I have some experience with Royal Mail, although I don't know anything about shipping/receiving exotics. Royal Mail is fast. It's when the package get to the Unites States Postal Service that all hell breaks loose. You won't be able to track the package once is gets int the US. In fact it will probably be after you receive your package that it will show up in the USPS website. It usually takes 7 to 10 to get your box, but it could take longer. Good luck!

Hey Ladyjazz I have some experience with Royal Mail, although I don't know anything about shipping/receiving exotics. Royal Mail is fast. It's when the package get to the Unites States Postal Service that all hell breaks loose. You won't be able to track the package once is gets int the US. In fact it will probably be after you receive your package that it will show up in the USPS website. It usually takes 7 to 10 to get your box, but it could take longer. Good luck!

Thanks Jance! The time frame really helps. Wow it takes a while but I expected that. I sure hope they get to me and there are no problems. We will see I guess. The waiting game begins...