Accelerate patina process

I have found that humidity really accelerates the patina process. I have a humidifier in my office at work and boy did it ever speed it up. (And I'm one of those who prefer the lighter vachetta.

Actually it hasn't it keeps my hands moist which causes the oils to come out your hand and then the oils get on you leather carry it for a while. And i promise it will look great@@@ Well mines did. And i did that for all 9 of my lv's:tup:

You know what. I've tried a few tips like sun exposure, baby wipes and frequent use, but I discovered another faster method when the other day, I got rain spots on my poppincourt haut. Then I just have to accelerate the patina to even out the spots...anything. So, thinking I got nothing to lose, I applied my night time lotion, and boy, did it patina a lot the next day. I can tell coz I missed a spot and the spot was so light compared to the rest.

I don't know if it'll work with your night creams, but be very careful coz different creams/lotins have different ingredients. Mine is vitamin enriched with natural extracts.:yahoo::yahoo:

I got a few water spots on my bag and I'v only had it about 7 months so it was pretty noticable...I put in in the tanning bed but that just seemed to dry out the leather. so I put two coats of apple conditioner on it and let it sit out in the sun for a few hours and it got some nice color but not too dark. :P lol you can still see the spots but its a lot more blended in....

My mom told me that LV has some kind of spray to spray on vachetta to accelerate the patina process. This was in Japan like 2 years ago, I dont know if U.S. LV would do that for you

It's recommended that you don't expose your bags to direct sunlight - let it be monogram, damier etc.. Because common sense would tell us that the sun would dry moist up - in this case your bag. Literally, whatever you expose to direct sunlight will cause the loss of moisture. I think that's why some owners seem to have cracks appearing on the canvas or the vachetta. I always have the impression that exposing ur bag to direct sunlight will spoil the bag - and also will change/fade the colours of the brass zippers .

For me, I condition my bags with a leather conditioner to moisten both the monogram canvas and the vachetta leather. It gives the bag a more shinier look and it improves the texture of the vachetta - and evens out the colour of the vachetta to an even tone - not recommended for people who wants to avoid the patina process.

hi guys, i just bought a second hand MC ursula and the patina bits at the side is pretty dirty and has some water spots. while i know that it is impossible to get it spanking new, could anyone give me some advice about the best i can do to clean it so it does not look so bad? thanks :smile:

Here are (damier azur & mono keepall, they are about 3 months old) the result of forced patina by mixed direct tropical sunlight and leather conditioner ;)... a bit vandalism. Earth's global warming might be good for accelerating vibrant to our pale leather, lol.
Picture taken on poor light.

Wow! Those look great!