Skip McGrath's eBay Seller Newsletter legit??

kitti

O.G.
Apr 13, 2006
Hi everyone.. I've been saving up to buy a mixed lot of "authentic" things to resell from this source, but I've been beside myself on whether it is legit or not. You can read about it here:

Skip McGrath's eBay Sellers July 2006 Newsletter

"...
My long time readers will remember that I have recommended Luxury BrandsItalian warehouse), an online Italian wholesaler that deals in overstock merchandise from companies such as Prada, Gucci, Cartier, Chanel and others. as a source for authentic famous name designer goods such as shoes, handbags, fashion accessories and more. Last year Luxury Brands had some internal management problems and the company imploded, so I removed them from my wholesale sources. Well, they are back. They have formed some sort of joint venture with Magazzino Italiano (
Their announcement was a little vague about how the arrangement will work, but it looks like Magazzino Italiano is in the driver's seat which gives me confidence as they are a large and very respected firm. If you are already a Priority List member, they are offering a coupon for $100 off on your next purchase. This is only available to existing members.
One benefit of the arrangement is better pricing. Magazzino Italiano was actually one of LB's sources, so now you will get the goods at direct prices. I looked at the catalog. It's not completely filled out yet, but some of the pricing I did see looks to be a little better."

Has anyone heard of this Magazzino Italiano / Luxury Brands??

I read through the link, and it's got a lot of info, but I hesitate to take anyone seriously who is writing a newsletter to sell their own product. Here's an excerpt:

"My new system consists of a 130 page printed manual and three CDs with bonus materials. How To Create and Sell Information Products on eBay is $67 + $5.90 shipping and handling."

Quite true.. but I've searched high and low in other forums and I have yet to come across anyone saying that they've experienced dealing with actual fakes from Magazzino/LB.. I'm hoping that someone on here will know.

Hi. I joined Luxury Magazzino and have yet to buy from them. Their stock is soooooooo old and most everything they have in Gucci, Prada etc nobody would buy. It sounds like a great deal until you see their merchandise. The products are not in demand. Mind you, I check occasionaly not all the time. However, I've looked up what they have to offer on ebay to see how well they are selling and from what I see it's not good. No bids. Finished items well under 100.00 or not sold. This is just my opinion of someone who does not want to get stuck with lots of inventory. If you decide to buy from them post and let us know if you are happy.