All time favorite wedding songs

LTV

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I am one of the bridesmaids for my friend's wedding and my assignment is to list wedding songs for her ceremony and dinner reception.

Please help me make a good list to give to her DJ. Song and singer...thanks.
(whether you heard it from someone's wedding or it was played on your wedding day)

I'll start.... Unforgettable by Nat King Cole

Celine Dion - The Power of Love
Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me (This song is/was actually listed by theknot.com as one of the top 10 wedding songs of all time)
98 Degrees - I Do (Cherish You)
Faith Hill - This Kiss
Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
Regina Belle & Peabo Bryson - A Whole New World (i've actually heard this at a wedding i went to last year.. SO CUTE even though it's so disney)
Luther Vandross - Here & Now
Etta James - At Last

some personal favorite love songs (keep in mind i am a HUGE Celine Dion Fanatic [i've seen her twice already in Vegas, and plan on seeing her a couple more times before she ends her show.. lol] so the majority of the songs will be from her):
Celine Dion - Sorry For Love
Rent - I'll Cover You (original or reprise)
The Fray - Look After You
Celine Dion - You and I
Celine Dion with Frank Sinatra (or the original Franky version too) - All The Way
Christina Aguilera - Save Me From Myself (i wouldn't say you can dance/or anything to this, but it'd be nice background music.. if played right or at the right volume.. cuz it's pretty much just her vocals)
Emmylou Harris - A Love That Never Grows Old (from Brokeback Mountain)
Ginuwine - Differences
Il Divo feat Celine Dion - I Believe In You
Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
Moulin Rouge - Your Song
Moulin Rouge - Come What May
Monica feat. 112 - Right Here Waiting For You (or the original would work too)
Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitchu
Toni Braxton - You Mean The World To Me

Ok.. that's it.. I named my most favorite and occasion appropriate songs from my "love list" playlist on my ipod. :smile: Hope it helps!

OMG frozen7313! THank you thank you!:yahoo: Celine Dion is just an icon, who doesnt love her? Thanks for the songs, I'm officially making my list now. Keep em coming!!!

"True Companion" by Marc Cohn:

this CD came out in 1991 and it's timeless. True Companion is the last track on the CD and gives me chills still today. My cousin had it as her first dance with her new DH and I know I'll do the same ;)

"True Companion" by Marc Cohn:

this CD came out in 1991 and it's timeless. True Companion is the last track on the CD and gives me chills still today. My cousin had it as her first dance with her new DH and I know I'll do the same ;)

Awhh...thanks Pursegrrl. I'm not sure if I have heard this, but I will definitely look this one up for myself as well,lol. I love listening to a good love song.

Michael Buble....ahhh yes, he has a terrific voice....this generation's crooner.

WOW Jimmy Save Me From Myself - that's on our planned wedding CD! It's so funny to see anyone mention it!

haha, i LOVE Christina Aguilera and bought her album the day it came out.. I'm actually gonna see her in Vegas on March 3rd, then come back home to see her in Anaheim (literally down the block from me) again on March 5th! :yahoo: I LOVE that song too.. if only I knew who *my* person is that saves me from myself. lol.

We got some hardcore Christina fan here! haha.. Personally, I love her rendition of Reflections from the movie Mulan. awhhh...send chills to my spine, lol.

Okay, got the songs you guys listed!! Thanks for your contribution...I need more!

Bride is 26, groom is 32. They are pretty open to any kind of music. They have picked out their first and last dance songs... and the songs I am requesting are the songs to be played while they are being greeted/seated, cocktail hours, while waiting for the wedding entourage/over dinner.