Zygoma reduction post op (sagging?

Icesnow123

Jul 31, 2020
Hi there,

i was in SK and did my zygoma reduction more than 3 months ago. I am very concerned about facial sagging even even though i am still very young (20 years old) and i have quite firm skin. one day i realized that when i physically bounce up and down, my skin seems to bounce up and down quite abit (not the obvious little jiggle), im not sure if this is sagging already. but my face still seems swollen especially around my cheek area. everyone said i gained weight and i have chubby cheeks now even though i didnt gain weight at all( i use to have that sunken masculine look in the cheeks that goes in a bit) but now its just plain chubby/lumpy. can swollen cheeks make your face heavier and thus make your skin bounce quite abit when jogging/ bouncing up and down?

Hi there,

i was in SK and did my zygoma reduction more than 3 months ago. I am very concerned about facial sagging even even though i am still very young (20 years old) and i have quite firm skin. one day i realized that when i physically bounce up and down, my skin seems to bounce up and down quite abit (not the obvious little jiggle), im not sure if this is sagging already. but my face still seems swollen especially around my cheek area. everyone said i gained weight and i have chubby cheeks now even though i didnt gain weight at all( i use to have that sunken masculine look in the cheeks that goes in a bit) but now its just plain chubby/lumpy. can swollen cheeks make your face heavier and thus make your skin bounce quite abit when jogging/ bouncing up and down?
Hi @Icesnow123 sounds like the soft tissues were separated from your zygoma for access and may now be loose. If you can get some imaging done it would help determine what is causing the swelling.

If you're happy with the shape of your face then you can get a lift done after a year. However, you're still early on in your healing. The body is amazing at healing itself...so make sure you get proper nutrition and a good skincare regime that contains collagen

If you're happy with the shape of your face then you can get a lift done after a year. However, you're still early on in your healing. The body is amazing at healing itself...so make sure you get proper nutrition and a good skincare regime that contains collagen
Thank you for the encouraging comments, do you mind if I private dm you some pictures of face and the progress?

I was swollen for almost 6 months. I think it’s normal if your cheeks look kind of heavy. Skin laxity was also one of my main concerns but my surgeon ( I got it done at regen ps with dr. Myung June oh btw) said that I won’t have any due to my skin conditions and that he’s also using some kind of a special technique (as far as I remember, not cutting but rotation or something). So, it’s been more than a year (got it in Sep last year), feel great, look amazing, no sagging or side effects. I think you’d just wait a bit more :smile:

1- I have not had any plastic surgery done on my face and my face jiggles when I jump up and down, especially in my cheek area where I have a lot of fat. It does this for everyone, unless you have a very minimal amount of fat and water on your face. That's just gravity!
2- You had surgery only 3 months ago, and especially for zygoma, it takes usually a year or more to see the finalized results. You probably have a lot of swelling still, and that's why people are saying stuff like it looks like you gained weight. I think you just need to give it more time! It's natural to be anxious after surgery. If you still feel that you are starting to have sagging talk to your surgeon. You are very young though, so you're already in a better position than most.

I was swollen for almost 6 months. I think it’s normal if your cheeks look kind of heavy. Skin laxity was also one of my main concerns but my surgeon ( I got it done at regen ps with dr. Myung June oh btw) said that I won’t have any due to my skin conditions and that he’s also using some kind of a special technique (as far as I remember, not cutting but rotation or something). So, it’s been more than a year (got it in Sep last year), feel great, look amazing, no sagging or side effects. I think you’d just wait a bit more :smile:

happy for you that you had a good result at regen with dr oh. unfortunately regen is off my list as there is a girl on this forum and several other people who had the exact opposite experience as you and she also posted photos of her disastrous result.

Hi there,

Hi icesnow, i just sent you a PM