zygoma+jaw reduction surgery

I did a lot of research about zygoma reduction, and definitely yes for zygoma. The most common complaint is not being able to open your mouth very wide anymore, so say goodbye to taking bites of big burgers.

Other secondary complaints I have heard are clicking and tightness in the jaw muscle while chewing.

if you search this forum, you will find more people dissatisfied with zygoma than people who are satisfied, in my opinion.

Another reason I don't want to do zygoma. Also, I've noticed that a lot of the people who undergo zygoma reduction actually don't have protruding cheekbones to begin with.

Another reason I don't want to do zygoma. Also, I've noticed that a lot of the people who undergo zygoma reduction actually don't have protruding cheekbones to begin with.

yup my theory is people mistake "zygoma reduction" with "making your face less wide".

If your zygoma protrude out far past the width of your skill, zygoma may look good. but if your head is simply wide, and your zygoma dont really protrude out past the width of your skull, then actually zygoma reduction will look terrible on you, and give you flat sunken look.

???
I've heard that zygoma reduction will work good to make your face less wide even if you don't have protruding cheekbones. Does anyone have any reviews on people being dissatisfied with their zygoma reduction (that didnt have protruding cheekbones but more of a wide face?) I can't find any.
Also, is anyone from the US planning to visit korea sometime at the end of this year for face-to-face consultations?
JK is on the top of my list and Imageup. But Imageup would probably be more difficult because it is more for Korean locals.

Reactions: dpnot
I did a lot of research about zygoma reduction, and definitely yes for zygoma. The most common complaint is not being able to open your mouth very wide anymore, so say goodbye to taking bites of big burgers.

Other secondary complaints I have heard are clicking and tightness in the jaw muscle while chewing.
I dont know about zygoma reduction having those side effects but I for sure have experienced those clicking sounds when chewing (hasnt happened in months and it's rare, never lasts long) after shaving my jaw which freaks me out but is apparently normal.

Reactions: Murshroom
Does anyone know if cheekbone and jaw reduction effect a person's bite?

I have got the cheekbone reduction few years ago but it has affected the bite and I heard the clicking sounds when chewing for the first few months but it did not last any longer then. :smile:) hope i was helpful! I'm getting jaw reduction this year soon. hope it goes well too!

???
I've heard that zygoma reduction will work good to make your face less wide even if you don't have protruding cheekbones. Does anyone have any reviews on people being dissatisfied with their zygoma reduction (that didnt have protruding cheekbones but more of a wide face?) I can't find any.
Also, is anyone from the US planning to visit korea sometime at the end of this year for face-to-face consultations?
JK is on the top of my list and Imageup. But Imageup would probably be more difficult because it is more for Korean locals.

Your zygoma is your cheekbone. A zygoma reduction is just going to reduce your cheekbone so if you don't have protruding cheekbones then you shouldn't reduce them as that would have a negative effect on your appearance.

Hi there first time poster!

My issue is my cheekbones themselves protrude out. Earlier posts mention it in this case that the surgery is better for this situation than a wide face in general...is this referring to less chance of sagging?