Zoe???

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
Hi everyone!

I have recently fallen in love with the brass/brown/brown Zoe!! But I am having some trouble choosing what size Zoe is right for me! Unfortunately, I live in Canada no where near a Coach boutique or outlet, therefore I can't try it on. So I was wondering if you ladies could help me out!

I'm fairly tall and slim. I'm 5'9 maybe taller I haven't recently measured myself and I'm 14 so I'm still growing! I weigh about 106lbs so I'm fairly...I said fairly small. I'm wondering weather I should get the medium or the large. I'm leaning towards large just because I want a larger bag. I'm worried the medium will be too small and I'm worried the large will look too huge on me! :confused1:

I need your help!!! What do you think would be best?? All opinions are welcome!

Thanks,
Sarah

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
You're only 14? I would say get the medium then. Large bags (to me anyways) are for older ladies. I don't know why I think that way, though. I just notice that the older I get the bigger my bags have got.

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
That's a good point! I will definitely take this into consideration! Maybe larger bags are for older ladies! Thank you very much for your opinion! :smile:

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
You're welcome, my opinion isn't always set in stone, though. lol Here's some other thoughts of mine:

If you carry lots of stuff, you might need a large Zoe no matter what! So the bottom line is, do you carry a LOT or just average amount of stuff?
I know that I have to leave my cosmetics/medicine case home if I want to carry my smaller bags and that bothers me sometimes because I miss it. Also, do you carry a bulky sunglasses case around like I do or a water bottle? You may need a bigger bag. Having a smaller bag is easier to carry, though. That is a big plus!

Maybe someone who has the medium Zoe will write here to let you know if it holds all that they want it to.

Jul 4, 2008
If you carry a lot of stuff in your bag then get the large, if you don't carry a lot get the medium size. And by the way Large bag are not only for older ladies. JMHO

BlackApple

Coached Out
O.G.
Mar 16, 2009
Boston bred/ Houston Texas
The ladies here have gave you great advice. I don't normally carry more than my wallet, keys and a little makeup case and occasionally my little journal. The medium zoe was all I needed. Besides teh large zoe look like a monstrous on me. Way too big IMHO for what I carry each day.

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
I do carry a lot of stuff! probably a lot of stuff I don't need but I like to be prepared for any situation. I'm almost OCD like that!

With my last Coach bag I felt restricted to what I could physically carry in my bag! It was just too small for what I carry. I could just fit a small makeup bag (and when I mean small I mean bare essentials), a smaller sized wallet, a mini skinny, my cell phone, and a pack of gum.

I'm just worried that the medium Zoe will be too small for everything I want to carry. I would like to use it for school purposes, like carrying some books and my daily essentials and some bottled water. And in this case I feel I would rather but a "too big bag" and be able to fit everything with room to spare then a "too small bag" and be disappointed and not be able to fit everything i need. If that makes any sense at all! hahah

Thanks ladies, you definitely game me things to think about before i make my decision.

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
i have the large and love it. i think it is the perfect size, not too big but roomy enough so you are not jamming your stuff in. just my opinion but i love the large zoe!

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
That's exactly I want! "Not to big but roomy enough so you are not jamming your stuff in". I hate when bags are too small because I don't want to jam stuff in but I want all my stuff to fit! Thanks so much, it's good to know the large Zoe works for some people. makes me think it could work for me too! :graucho:

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Near Chicago
I do carry a lot of stuff! probably a lot of stuff I don't need but I like to be prepared for any situation. I'm almost OCD like that!

With my last Coach bag I felt restricted to what I could physically carry in my bag! It was just too small for what I carry. I could just fit a small makeup bag (and when I mean small I mean bare essentials), a smaller sized wallet, a mini skinny, my cell phone, and a pack of gum.

I'm just worried that the medium Zoe will be too small for everything I want to carry. I would like to use it for school purposes, like carrying some books and my daily essentials and some bottled water. And in this case I feel I would rather but a "too big bag" and be able to fit everything with room to spare then a "too small bag" and be disappointed and not be able to fit everything i need. If that makes any sense at all! hahah

Thanks ladies, you definitely game me things to think about before i make my decision.
I think you're going to want the large then. If you want it to carry some *school* books, you might even have to go XL.

SarahC11

Jan 2, 2009
I'm thinking large would be the best plan for my needs! I'm not even sure it I will use it for school, but just in case I want to carry some books (not school books per say but regular books) I would be a able to carry them because I read a lot. QueenLouis I think you may be onto something! For everything I want and need to carry I'm pretty sure I will need a large. Thanks so much!

oopsididitagain

»â”€â”€â™¥â”€â”€>
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
After learning that you like to read and carry your reading book(s), I'm pretty sure you need the large. It won't look too big on you, you're tall!

jeye

O.G.
Jun 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
I would get the large also! i'm way shorter than you, 5'4 and i think its fine for me, so i think a large would def. suit you better :smile:
i dont mean to pry, but are you paying for this yourself? or are your parents buying it for you? i got my first Coach this past june and i'm 24!!! you are one lucky 14 yr old! (i am a little bit envious, but then again, i had no clue what "COACH" was when i was 14. you will love your zoe, shes' spacious and oh so pretty :smile:

Jul 7, 2009
Northern Va
I'm 5' 9 1/2", so yay tall ladies!! And I understand your feelings on big bags--most of my recent Coach purchases have been totes or burly items (Peyton) that can double up for school and work. I bought the medium berry Zoe and it's a very good size for carrying moderate-sized things; wallet, camera, phone, make-up bag, a book, etc. I was really surprised by how roomy it can be and def recommend it. *But* if you're looking for something to carry more school-related objects, the medium will be too small. The large is a nice move up, but I don't know if that'd even be big enough for all of your school stuff if you, let's say, are used to carrying a backpack. So the XL would be best as a messenger bag or backpack alternative; but if you're talking notebooks, small books, then go with large.

Also, keep in mind that Zoe does a little flop when you wear her--like she folds over a bit up top. So the larger up in size you go, the more of a flop she has (is there a better term for that? haha). That look bothers some people, but not everyone. And I'm sure you can find pics of it on this forum. But I wanted to mention that detail b/c it's good to know how your bag will move or change shape when you can't immediately get your hands on the purse.

eleda

O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
I am 5 foot 7 and average build and I sold me medium and got the large. The medium looked too small on me. I'd go the large. I also love the way the zoe slouches when it is large.