zoe black patent leather or black signature zoe?

lovemyzoes

lovemyzoes
Jun 21, 2009
I bought the black patent leather zoe yesterday and I'm now wondering if I should've gotten the black signature zoe instead. I have several patent zoes but I don't have any signnature coach bags at all. I really like both but can't get both. what are the pros and cons of patent and the signature?

I bought the black patent leather zoe yesterday and I'm now wondering if I should've gotten the black signature zoe instead. I have several patent zoes but I don't have any signnature coach bags at all. I really like both but can't get both. what are the pros and cons of patent and the signature?

I prefer the black patent.

Pros: eye-catching, easy maintenance, goes with everything, black patent bags aren't as readily available as signature bags (Coach is slow to put out black patent bags especially large ones, although they are doing it more and more these days, they seem to sell out pretty fast), Coach seems to do a black signature bag with almost every line so you can get one later if you really like signature.

Cons: can't think of anything besides you don't have any signature bags but like I said Coach black signature stuff isn't going anywhere.

What other color Zoes do you have?

Personally, I'm not a patent lover, I have the reg leather and the khaki siggy. Right now I'm using the siggy. One con would be that the siggy could get dirty and the patent won't. I don't ever let my bag touch the floor or a dirty surface so I'm good there! I think it's a personal choice, but if you already have a few patent try the siggy.

thanks for your views. I think that maybe you're right. I have the black patent, crimson patent, berry patent, black regular leather, chocolate leather and I'm expecting to receive the dark coral patent today. love the zoe bag.

thanks for your views. I think that maybe you're right. I have the black patent, crimson patent, berry patent, black regular leather, chocolate leather and I'm expecting to receive the dark coral patent today. love the zoe bag.

Since you already have so many in patent and a black leather, I would say maybe try the siggy to have a little more variety in your Zoe collection (sounds like a greeat collection BTW!). But obviosly everyone's tastes are different and you obviously love patent so follow your heart. :smile:

Last edited:

I bought the black signature large Zoe this week and love it. It is light, but of course the patent is also light. I like the black on black because the C's don't show up at much, and the black leather is very nice, I immediately cut the tags off and started to use it, which is very unusual for me.

I had the black siggy and it was stiff! It didn't have the great slouch that the leather and patent bags have. I'm not sure what it was - the leather trim never moved on that bag.

Keep the patent!

I love the black patent but as you already have three patent zoes I think you should keep the signature. Black on black is pretty and I like the nickel hardware.

I was trying to make the same decision today and didn't get either- but in my opinion, if I go back i'll get the black patent- it just pops...the black/black siggy was really nice too- but it just didn't have the same classy look the patent did. It's apparent you love the patent leather- so why change what you know you love? :love:

I paid full price :shucks: for my black patent about a year ago - that is how much I love the bag. I recently bought both black leather and black/black signature at the outlet. Pretty sure I will keep both, so I'll end up w/three black large Zoes. No help I know, but at these prices the bags are hard to pass up.

The black patent is TDF, BIG time!:nuts: I purchased it yesterday along w/3 other Zoes, which I eventually will take pics of. It is so lovely w/the hardware. Just classic. Keep it.

I guess the problem I have with the patent (even though I have 4) is that I've been looking up threads about the patent cracking and someone posted that her patent is rubbing off so that kind of scares me a little. If I could've gotten the berry, coral and the crimson in regular leather instead of patent I would have but I wanted these colors so I'm taking a chance on them that nothing willl happen to them and I can't return any of them except the black patent. I do love the look of the black patent though but I love the black siggy too and I have the black in the regular leather. oh decisions, decisions.