Zippy Wallet or Pochette Wallet?

AmberEnv77

Mar 28, 2008
I am trying to decided on a wallet.. and looking for feedback .. how do you like the wallets below? any feedback would be great thanks so much!

ZIPPY WALLET $620
p10951088_ph_hero.jpg

OR

POCHETTE WALLET $495

p11216966_ph_hero.jpg

now for my next question... I am thinking about getting the Galliera PM it is the monogram print would you want to match exactly or get the mulitcolore print ?? thats my other thing I cant decide on

Hey Amber, I just purchased a Galliera PM and I plan to use my Black MC Pochette Wallet with it. I got the wallet a couple of weeks ago and it is so pretty and practical. Definitely flashy though. If you don't like flashy, I would suggest the Mono Pochette. I have a Vernis Zippy and the zipper is tarnishing plus it annoys me to zip and unzip the darn thing. It's beautiful but I don't use it as much as my other LV wallets.

I bought the zippy for my daughter less than a year ago and it is the worst purchase I've ever made to be honest. The zipper has turned entirely silver. I was terribly disappointed for a wallet that was 600 to turn so quickly. My sales assistant told me the zipper on the zippy is just coated metal, not even brass like a speedy zipper, and that they will all turn silver in time with enough use. The manager confirmed it. So basically, you have a very expensive wallet with a very cheap zipper that will turn. My daughter still uses her wallet, but I don't like the look of a tarnished silver zipper against beautiful Monogram canvas, especially when it is such an expensive wallet. It upsets me every time I see her use the wallet and I feel bad I spent so much on something with such a shoddy zipper. It's disappointing to me that Louis cut corners on the zipper, especially since I really like the design. I would never buy it again. I do like the pochette very much. It's a gorgeous wallet that will look beautiful for many, many years and I recommend it completely!