Zippy compact wallet (old model) - similar layouts?

Beatiful wallet Thank you for sharing.
Can I please have the model number and full name if the wallet? And the price too if you don't mind :smile:

I'm not sure what the full name of the wallet is. The link to the Prada website I quoted in my previous post didn't have a name for the wallet but all the pricing info, wallet description and item number should be there: http://www.prada.com/en/GB/e-store/woman/wallets/continental/product/1ML001_QWA_F0016.html

I purchased mine from Reebonz.com.au for AUD $680 as the Prada e-store does not ship to Australia.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: LVADIKManNiUi
I would love to love this wallet only the cash compartment is too deep and I have to dig, dig and dig to get my cash and my cash is always haphazard in there. Love the 3/4 size since it's not too big/full sized and not too small (can't fit things a wallet worth its name should carry).

The deep cash/bill compartment doesn't bother me too much as I rarely use cash. In Australia, we only have $5, $10, $20 and $50 notes (and $100 too, but I never have those!) I guess if you're from a country which utilises cash more or have more bills to contend with, then this could be a lot more cumbersome. When I was on holiday to the States a couple of years ago, I found the bills very confusing!

I should also mention that my hubby's iPhone 6 can also fit in the wallet, zipped up with minimal bulging. My iPhone 6+ almost fits, I can zip it up fine until I reach the top of the phone, so only the top part of phone pokes out a little. If I'm running out of the office to grab lunch, that's what I do.

Reactions: Dawn72
This. It is almost identical but holds more cards. I have both the pallas compact and the old model zcw. Love them both

The Pallas is a gorgeous wallet, my only gripe with it is that it seemed bulkier than the old model zippy compact wallet when I checked the Pallas compact out instore (although I was not able to compare it side by side with the zippy compact). Also love the leather touches on it. If only they would make the Pallas in the Damier Ebene!

So I have finally purchased and used the Prada Saffianowallet in bluette/cornflower blue for over a month and and I'm loving it! I have never used the old model zippy compact wallet but have seen it in person several times in store (just never bit the bullet). In my opinion, this Prada wallet is very similar in terms of size and layout. The main exception is that the coin compartment is on the exterior of the Prada wallet whereas it was in the interior of the old mode zippy compact wallet. I actually prefer the exterior coin compartment.

Here are some photos I took:

Front
View attachment 3451461

Back (with exterior coin compartment)
View attachment 3451462

Open
View attachment 3451463

Top view showing the bill/notes compartment
View attachment 3451464

Zipped up
View attachment 3451465

The wallet features 12 cc slots, 4 document/receipt compartments (these are quite tight and difficult to fit too much), 1 deep bill compartment which fits all the Australian banknotes and 1 exterior coin compartment which is sort of hard to get into as it is not a huge compartment, this is also comparable to the coin compartment in the old model zippy compact.

Dimensions of the wallet are L 15cm, W 10cm, D 2cm (when full of my belongings).

After a month of continuous use, the credit card slots are still quite tight and difficult to slide my cards out, although I'm sure this will loosen up over time. I love the sturdy Saffiano leather and I find I do not need to baby my wallet as much as I did my previous LV vernis Sarah wallet. This is also fairly lightweight even when full. Because of the shorter length, I am able to fit it into most of my small bags, e.g Gucci Soho Disco, LV Eva Clutch, LV Alma BB epi and even though it was a tight squeeze, I could also fit it into my Furla Metropolis crossbody.

I'm not entirely sure what the actual name of the wallet is called as it is just listed as "wallet" on the Prada e-shop website:
http://www.prada.com/en/GB/e-store/woman/wallets/continental/product/1ML001_QWA_F0016.html I purchased mine from Reebonz

Anyway, I hope this helps somebody else who is on the lookout for something similar. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Gorgeus wallet and color

The Pallas is a gorgeous wallet, my only gripe with it is that it seemed bulkier than the old model zippy compact wallet when I checked the Pallas compact out instore (although I was not able to compare it side by side with the zippy compact). Also love the leather touches on it. If only they would make the Pallas in the Damier Ebene!

You are right, it does feel slightly bulkier and when fully loaded it seems a bit heavier. I love both wallets.

I'm not sure what the full name of the wallet is. The link to the Prada website I quoted in my previous post didn't have a name for the wallet but all the pricing info, wallet description and item number should be there: http://www.prada.com/en/GB/e-store/woman/wallets/continental/product/1ML001_QWA_F0016.html

I purchased mine from Reebonz.com.au for AUD $680 as the Prada e-store does not ship to Australia.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. I don't need a new wallet yet I think, but still want to check this out. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: julietoscar

It is in deed a gorgoeus wallet. The only drawback for me is that there is nowhere to attach a chain.

In case anyone wanted to see, the Gucci soho zip around wallet looks like this:
View attachment 3411231
https://www.gucci.com/au/en_au/pr/g...tegoryPath=Gifts/Gifts-for-Her/Womens-Wallets

My only gripe is that it only contains 7 card slots.

I guess I'll have to keep searching! I can't find the Prada short zip around wallet anywhere now, that one was probably closest to what I want.
For anyone interested, this one is on sale (private sale) at Gucci and select department stores. I was able to get a red one for $289.

So I have finally purchased and used the Prada Saffianowallet in bluette/cornflower blue for over a month and and I'm loving it! I have never used the old model zippy compact wallet but have seen it in person several times in store (just never bit the bullet). In my opinion, this Prada wallet is very similar in terms of size and layout. The main exception is that the coin compartment is on the exterior of the Prada wallet whereas it was in the interior of the old mode zippy compact wallet. I actually prefer the exterior coin compartment.

Here are some photos I took:

Front
View attachment 3451461

Back (with exterior coin compartment)
View attachment 3451462

Open
View attachment 3451463

Top view showing the bill/notes compartment
View attachment 3451464

Zipped up
View attachment 3451465

The wallet features 12 cc slots, 4 document/receipt compartments (these are quite tight and difficult to fit too much), 1 deep bill compartment which fits all the Australian banknotes and 1 exterior coin compartment which is sort of hard to get into as it is not a huge compartment, this is also comparable to the coin compartment in the old model zippy compact.

Dimensions of the wallet are L 15cm, W 10cm, D 2cm (when full of my belongings).

After a month of continuous use, the credit card slots are still quite tight and difficult to slide my cards out, although I'm sure this will loosen up over time. I love the sturdy Saffiano leather and I find I do not need to baby my wallet as much as I did my previous LV vernis Sarah wallet. This is also fairly lightweight even when full. Because of the shorter length, I am able to fit it into most of my small bags, e.g Gucci Soho Disco, LV Eva Clutch, LV Alma BB epi and even though it was a tight squeeze, I could also fit it into my Furla Metropolis crossbody.

I'm not entirely sure what the actual name of the wallet is called as it is just listed as "wallet" on the Prada e-shop website:
http://www.prada.com/en/GB/e-store/woman/wallets/continental/product/1ML001_QWA_F0016.html I purchased mine from Reebonz

Anyway, I hope this helps somebody else who is on the lookout for something similar. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
This link didn't work for me and I couldn't find this wallet on their site :sad: