Zippy compact wallet discontinued

curlyccue

Aug 11, 2010
I've had my heart set on a zippy compact wallet in damier ebene for awhile now. It's been call to purchase for awhile but I finally decided to call and see if I can order one and they told me it's discontinued and out of stock everywhere in the US. I called my store and had my SA check for me to see if they had any and they didn't! I'm so disappointed I waited to buy it and I guess I shouldn't have. Anyone know why they discontinued it especially after they revamped it not very long ago? I thought this was a fairly popular wallet? Anyone have any suggestions for wallets they like as an alternative to the zippy compact?

Last edited:
I wanted to look at it a month ago, and the SA said they were discontinuing the DE version because it didn't sell as well. It sounded like at least mono would be sticking around, but I know that could have changed since then too.

To be honest, I don't think all items that are discontinued are items that perform poorly.
Louis Vuitton has been more and more open about releasing and retiring items on a regular basis to always have something new in store. We have all learned our lessons: buy it while you can.

Now, I want one! Stellar marketing on LV's part though....don't you think? Discontinue something that is a staple for a while, and then bring it back ... at a higher price, of course. Still, I want one when it comes back around.