Zipper repair?

summergirl1

Apr 2, 2013
I was carrying my NM pouchette last night and when I zipped it closed the zipper pull came off! Will LV repair it for free or is there a charge? I've never had a zipper break on any bag before. :sad:

I was carrying my NM pouchette last night and when I zipped it closed the zipper pull came off! Will LV repair it for free or is there a charge? I've never had a zipper break on any bag before. :sad:
This happened with my Mini Pochette. I brought it in to Saks and they send it away to fix. Did not charge me anything for it. It was defect on their part, a small piece of the zipper broke off, luckily I was able retain all the pieces. Put them all in a ziploc bag to show them.

Hi
I am a newbie so I don't have access to posting my own thread (any idea how long I need to be a member before I can do this?). Anyway, I purchased an Emilie wallet at the end of March this year and the glazing around the edge has started to pull apart. I took a photo but the size was too large so took another, attached but not as clear. I spoke to Louis Vuitton earlier and was told that as I don't have a shop near me (I live in Jersey, UK - small Island off England to the US members) I need to post it back by courier, to the Harrods shop that it was ordered from, at my own cost, which will be around £15. They said that if they thought it was a fault they would repair it for free and post back to me free of charge but not refund me for sending it to them. I'm shocked that I need to be out of pocket for this. I offered to send them a photo of the split in the purse but she said that it's not acceptable. Kind of changing my mind on ordering the Neverfull now 😠😿😿😿 any suggestions? X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 230
Hi
I am a newbie so I don't have access to posting my own thread (any idea how long I need to be a member before I can do this?). Anyway, I purchased an Emilie wallet at the end of March this year and the glazing around the edge has started to pull apart. I took a photo but the size was too large so took another, attached but not as clear. I spoke to Louis Vuitton earlier and was told that as I don't have a shop near me (I live in Jersey, UK - small Island off England to the US members) I need to post it back by courier, to the Harrods shop that it was ordered from, at my own cost, which will be around £15. They said that if they thought it was a fault they would repair it for free and post back to me free of charge but not refund me for sending it to them. I'm shocked that I need to be out of pocket for this. I offered to send them a photo of the split in the purse but she said that it's not acceptable. Kind of changing my mind on ordering the Neverfull now 😠😿😿😿 any suggestions? X

Mail the wallet back to them. You've had the wallet 3 months .they should either reglaze it for free or give you a new one . Within the first year of buying a LV from the boutique (or stores that have a dept . In it ) bring it in if you have any issues.
They can tell what is a quality issue or normal wear and tear. That's not normal wear in my opinion.

Hi

I think you need a certain number of posts to start a thread. Send it back, they should repair it, it's still new!

My MIL has a mono pochette NM and the zipper pull came off. My DH took it in to a boutique and they put it back together within 5 minutes.
Do you mean the zipper came completely off? My MILs just the pull came off, but it was still on the teeth of the zipper.
Are you stuffing it?
Hope they fix it quickly.

My MIL has a mono pochette NM and the zipper pull came off. My DH took it in to a boutique and they put it back together within 5 minutes.

Do you mean the zipper came completely off? My MILs just the pull came off, but it was still on the teeth of the zipper.

Are you stuffing it?

Hope they fix it quickly.

It was just the pull and it came all the way off, not attached to the teeth at all. But the zipper part with teeth was still attached. Glad they fixed hers quick. Hope mine is easy too.

Do you mean stuffing while stored? I don't usually.