Zipper Question

olivia56

Feb 16, 2008
hmmm, I don't know how to describe it, but I'll try, when I unzip my MAM and reach for something, I find the zipper kind of rough, it's scraping my hands and sort of hurts, not painful but it's not pleasant LOL

Is anyone experiencing this? Is there a way to smooth it?

Yes - I totally understand what you mean. It happens w/ my botkier too. The "teeth" of the zipper scrape against the sides of my hands (which are apparently quite sensitive!). I've gotten used to it now though!

Yes - I totally understand what you mean. It happens w/ my botkier too. The "teeth" of the zipper scrape against the sides of my hands (which are apparently quite sensitive!). I've gotten used to it now though!

Exactly :yes:

^yes i've experienced this on my MAM. i guess my hands are sensitive too?

We have sensitive hands :lol: Glad that I'm not the only one but not glad we "feel" this scrape. Our MAMs are biting us :biggrin:

This is just a thought. What if you take a piece of wax paper, and rub it along the teeth, not touching the leather though. When I worked at Ann Taylor, we waxed the racks with this type of paper so the hangers wouldn't get hung up on the bar, hence the clothing wasn't damaged as much with tugging. I don't even know if this will help, but I certainly don't think it will harm anything to try. :shrugs:

TXHoneybee- i think thats a great idea.

for the zipper movement, take a small candle, like a birthday candle, or whatever, and just rub it along the zipper up once, and down once. The wax will make the zipper go up and down smoother. I do it on my dresses with back zippers, and jeans all the time. ;)