Zipper pull repaired - how to hurry the patina?

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
I bought another pre loved Speedy 35 with a brand new zipper pull. I met the seller at LV when she was picking up the bag.
This Speedy has a gorgeous patina but I want to hurry the patina on the pull tab to match the rest of the bag!
Any suggestions??

twin-fun

O.G.
Mar 27, 2006
I bought another pre loved Speedy 35 with a brand new zipper pull. I met the seller at LV when she was picking up the bag.
This Speedy has a gorgeous patina but I want to hurry the patina on the pull tab to match the rest of the bag!
Any suggestions??

The only way to hurry this along is to expose the new vacchetta to sunlight while at the same time covering up the already darkened parts. Put the bag in a sunny window and it should catch up pretty quickly.

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
I was thinking of tanning my bag in a tanning bed (while I tan too of course! Lol) but I don't want to darken the existing patina on the bag.
Hmmmm....perhaps I can figure out a way to cover it up so just the pull tab is exposed. I feel somewhat self conscience carrying my bag with such a new tab, like it looks 'off' in some way.

I have already applied leather conditioner to it once. Maybe a few more applications will help??

Serenedee

Apr 15, 2012
Okay so I decided to, with a little trepidation, apply olive oil to the pull tab. It worked! It definitely darkened it but it still has a ways to go until it matches the rest if the bag.
I applied leather conditioner first before applying the olive oil. I then wiped it dry with a paper towel.
Would it be okay to apply the olive oil once a week until I have the desired patina? Or do you ladies think it will damage it if applied too much??