Zipper cover for classic flap to reduce indentation marks?

Jan 30, 2014
Not sure if this would work... but i am giving it a try... my inner flap already had some indentation marks... hopefully this would prevent it from getting worse...

Attachments

• 1399857376775.jpg
    1399857376775.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,260
  • 1399857475355.jpg
    1399857475355.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,200
Reactions: jess112
Wow that looks great! Did you press it against the flap to see if it's making an indentation? That's how I've been testing lol. I'll have to do this. Nice work, looks very neat.

Wow that looks great! Did you press it against the flap to see if it's making an indentation? That's how I've been testing lol. I'll have to do this. Nice work, looks very neat.

I guess if i press it, it will make a dent. I am just hoping that it doesn't at rest. My bag came without the felt cloths n at rest, there are already indentation marks. The chains are also causing indentation marks... i am just gonna live with those. I think after a while, i will probably not care anymore...

I guess if i press it, it will make a dent. I am just hoping that it doesn't at rest. My bag came without the felt cloths n at rest, there are already indentation marks. The chains are also causing indentation marks... i am just gonna live with those. I think after a while, i will probably not care anymore...

Yeah, maybe it's just the first few scratches and after that we won't care. Like my other bag, I scratch it up all the time and don't worry about it.

OK, after feeling a sense of achievement with the zipper cover ( after i further improved upon it), i went ahead n made the cover for the part of the chains that hit the inner flap. I used double layer of felt cloth.

My improvement to the zipper cover is to make the part jutting out thicker by adding two more layers of felt cloth for more cushioning.:smile:

Attachments

• 1399869338718.jpg
    1399869338718.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,092
Not sure if this would work... but i am giving it a try... my inner flap already had some indentation marks... hopefully this would prevent it from getting worse...

wow your zipper covers are far more professional than mine...i did a bit of a botch job one after i read a post from someone on here that it would stop the indentation...ill let you know how i get on....the indent is worst on the wocs....

wow your zipper covers are far more professional than mine...i did a bit of a botch job one after i read a post from someone on here that it would stop the indentation...ill let you know how i get on....the indent is worst on the wocs....

Thanks! :smile: I stitched the edges together and turned it inside out so that the stitches can't be seen. I also used blanket stitches when I made improvements to the part that is jutting out (by adding an extra two layers of felt cloth for extra cushioning) so that the raw edges will not fray.

I look forward to seeing pics of your zip cover on your woc. :smile:

Wow! Thanks for sharing

Do you cut the felt and make the wrapper?

This is my Maxi which did not come with any felt cloths. Thus, there were slight indentations and I made these to prevent them from worsening. I cut the top part of the felt cloth that came with my reissue so that I can still use it for my reissue.

I see!

I found the zipper causing dent on my lamb jumbo and calf skin WOC as well when I take them out. I store them with felt sheets so only when I take them out this becomes an issue.

So this is what I did to my WOCImageUploadedByPurseForum1399956535.875781.jpg

I will try yours as well! : )

This is my Maxi which did not come with any felt cloths. Thus, there were slight indentations and I made these to prevent them from worsening. I cut the top part of the felt cloth that came with my reissue so that I can still use it for my reissue.