Zip, no zip, clasp or magnetic closure?

Rani

O.G.
Mar 5, 2008
Which type of closure do you definitely stay away from? There are some bags that I have sometimes considered such as the Pochette Metis and Cluny bb but I feel like the opening of the bag will eventually annoy me if I have to keep trying to reach for phone,wallet or keys. Is it really that much of a bother or do some of you only go for zip and open top bags too?

I only get a full zip bag. It's my personality and preference. I also want to make sure I won't have to worry about the inside if it rains, snows or hails. I do have an old (at least 15yrs old) LV neo epi in black. I nly use tha, if I wanted to, on formal ocassions.

Reactions: Rani
I like the zip, but then I find that I never zip it all the way properly. I like the lock that was on my Eden, but every time I needed something (which was all the time), I had to open the lock, open the flap, dig in the purse, move things around, close the flap, and find the little hole to snap it back closed again.

I DO like my Reissue flap (I know this is LV, but still). Even though it's a flap, perhaps because it's small or not that deep, the flap is okay for me to use. The WOC was a bit of a pain, and so was the Boy flap as well.

Reactions: Rani
I like both zippered bags and bags with a flap. I don't mind a snap button closure or a twist closure (like Chanel Double Flap or LV Twist). I'm not very fond of a magnetic closure.
I've been going back and forth on a Pochette Metis, because I'm not sure if that opening will or will not annoy me. It does look beautiful and I can't get past how practical that bag is, so for now she is on my wishlist.

The only one I'm not a huge fan of is the S-lock design, but each one has it's own strengths and weaknesses so I pick and choose which one will be best suited for the current need.

I like zip locks... ever since I had my wallet stolen out of my purse single magnetic snap with an open top, at a restaurant I never feel totally comfortable with an open or magnetic closure (I have those in my collection too). I love the convenience of an open top, but apparently so do thieves. Lol.

I don't have a preference. I own bags with all types of closures. Not even the drawstring of the Noé I used to own bothered me. However, I've been really enjoying the magnetic closure of the Tuileries Besace. At the same time, I feel it's kind of a pain to get in an out of my Sofia Coppola. The zipper won't stop me from using the bag, though.
While I had the Pochette Métis, I didn't mind the S-lock and the flap at all.