Zip marks on your inside flap...what to do!!!

Vikzenne

~V~
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
Hey girls, I'm guessing this is a fairly common problem, because most of the lambskin chanels I see in stores have that annoying scratch/indentation from the zips on the inner flap. Is there any way to FIX this once it has happened? Or is prevention the only method? Thank you!

Are you referring to the medium classic flap? If so, welcome to the Chanel world! :upsidedown: There's not much you can do to prevent it. Placing the white felts between the zipper and lining does very little help to prevent the mark. You may try using a soft cloth wrapped around the zip, but it looks awkward. All of mines have the mark, and it doesn't bother me. Life is too short to worry about the little things.;)

haha yeah, that's exactly what I was referring to! Hmm do leather cleaners and conditioners etc work to help with those? or at least fingernail scratches? Aghh..I guess nobody SEES it. But still. God, I'm getting so neurotic about it, and I don't even have the bag yet!!!

LOL, if you're nervous already and you don't even have the bag yet, maybe you should consider caviar leather. I'm not a lambskin girl.....in fact, I'm terrified of all lambskin bags, so I only buy non-lambs now. I have no problem with caviar.....see no scratches both inside and outside, but zip mark, YES. I only own one lambskin now, and although the outside is pristine mint (only used it a handful of times), the interior has many tiny scratches, including tiny white marks. If you do a search, there are discussions about leather care.

I really looove the half-shiny look of lambskin though ya know? It's shiny without being blingy like a patent bag! Last question - is the inner flap on the caviar bag also made of caviar leather? Or is it some sort of smooth leather? Thanks for your help!

I really looove the half-shiny look of lambskin though ya know? It's shiny without being blingy like a patent bag! Last question - is the inner flap on the caviar bag also made of caviar leather? Or is it some sort of smooth leather? Thanks for your help!

The classic caviar flaps are caviar leather throughout even on the inside. And if you're concerned about zip marks, you should really consider caviar. Even my reissue has the zip mark. Or you can consider the eastwest or the Jumbo that comes without the inner flap

You'll get zip marks on both lambskin and caviar- it's just what happens. It doesn't bother me because that's just what is going to happen naturally because of how the zipper lays on the flap.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Ditto burberryprncess. There's nothing you can do about that... I have a couple of lambskin bags and I am really, really careful with them but it just happens. I just tell myself no one's gonna see it if not I'd go crazy. :smile: Enjoy your bag!

I just got my first lambskin in the orangey red shade; normally I prefer cavier but there is no news about any red cavier, so I gave in. Today I used it for the first time and noticed the scratch. What is bugging me is the possibility of leather peeling after many rubbing against the zip, is this likely to happen? :hrmm:
I know it looks/sounds ugly but I am thinking of wrapping the zip with some bandages :P

This happened to my lambskin classic flap as well. Pretty much anything you put in there that has any kind of protruding, pointy part could leave a mark, like the antennae on your cell phone. Keys will also wreck the inside of a lambskin flap. I don't especially mind because keeping a lambskin bag pristine is a losing battle for me.