zip clutch thread again...

tomato4

Aug 3, 2007
sorry guys! i know there are like a million threads on the zip clutch but i have yet to find the perfect one! i have the following questions!

what are the current seasons colors/leather/hardware combos?

what colors are coming up in the next collection?

are there any dept store sales coming up that may include the zc?

and if i go to a mj boutique or call one up, will they be able to track down old seasons colors?

pardon the questions but its my goal to find one!!!

is there a purple (maybe on the darker side) quilted zip clutch with silver hardware out right now? i thought i saw one but im not sure if that was actually plum or not.

what are the current seasons colors/leather/hardware combos?

the ones I know of for sure are:
QUILTED (Gold HW): Plum, Fuschia, Black, Grey, Ivory
SO COOL (SIlver HW, I think): Dark Plum, Dark Grey (Olive/Khaki, really), Rose, Taupe, Ivory, Black
SOFT/EXOTIC (Silver HW): Black/Grey; Grey/Purple
PATENT: Black, Light Pink (Rose?), Yellow (Ivory), Taupe
QUILTED TWO-TONED: Blue, Lavender, Black

what colors are coming up in the next collection?

there is a Violet/Purple and a Royal Blue from Resort in Soft Calf with silver hardware -- as far as s/s goes, I don't know which colors the ZC will be available in, but I did post some of the new bag colors in another thread (I'll find it after I post this)

are there any dept store sales coming up that may include the zc?

Nordstroms Half Yearly Sale starts Nov 5th -- it's usually 40% off whatever is marked down, with a second markdown usually the day after Xmas, an addtl 30% -- they carry the quilted, patent leather & a few stores got the 2-toned black one -- whether or not they get marked down, though, we won't know until closer to sale time. I would imagine the Purple and Fuschia ones will as they've had them the longest
Saks Friends & Family starts the 18th (I think) -- the d/c will either be 20 or 25% off -- not sure which ZCs they have

and if i go to a mj boutique or call one up, will they be able to track down old seasons colors?

The boutiques have many older colors/styles -- it depends on the season and whether or not it sold out -- I just purchased my Pale Grey ZC from the boutique (from S/S08) -- the best thing would be to have a specific color/season in mind when calling -- I don't think they can just tell you which ones they have, as many things are stored in a warehouse and aren't physically in the stores (the info would be in their computers)

Last edited:
This Season's So Cool:

Dark Plum
925306_fpx.tif

Black:
720655_fpx.tif

is there a purple (maybe on the darker side) quilted zip clutch with silver hardware out right now? i thought i saw one but im not sure if that was actually plum or not.

the plum zc is so cool and has gold hw. iluv did an awesome compilation of the current seasons zc's, but i just wanted to add that the exotic zc is also available in fuchsia/grey and beige/black. the so cool wallets all have gold hw. the only zc that had silver hw were the exotics and the patents.

In addition to the pale grey soft calf, I also saw what *looked like* a spring 08 smooth plum soft calf ZC at the LA boutique a few weeks ago. It looked like either plum or maroon, but since maroon was from several years ago, I'm guessing plum.
This is soft calf (not quilted or so cool) and was a boutique exclusive, I believe. There's a pic of tad's plum mp in the purple bags ref thread if you want to check out the color.

thank you so much girls!

iluvmybags, wow! very comprehensive answers! i really appreciated it. if i remember correctly, youre from chicago? did you just go to the mbymj boutique? (i'm in chicago too)

In addition to the pale grey soft calf, I also saw what *looked like* a spring 08 smooth plum soft calf ZC at the LA boutique a few weeks ago. It looked like either plum or maroon, but since maroon was from several years ago, I'm guessing plum.

This is soft calf (not quilted or so cool) and was a boutique exclusive, I believe. There's a pic of tad's plum mp in the purple bags ref thread if you want to check out the color.

omg that color is amazing! i would love a zc that color. if smooth soft calf just the goodl old normal soft calf? if i have them ship it to me, i dont have to pay tax, just shipping right?

was this the color?
4321_12.JPG

is quilted just soft calf quilted? the pictures of the black and purple look really shiny. i love the rose but i want either soft quilt or soft calf. im really hoping the fuschia or purple goes on sale at nordies though. if anyone hears any official word of it, do tell me!

okay sorry but can anyone name off a few colors and seasons if you know them of colors in the above plum/purple color family? these are actual colors right? i feel like i might just be naming pretty colors.
bordeaux, maroon, wine...

Last edited: