Zip Clutch, is it a great wallet? Which color?

girlwitstyle

Apr 6, 2008
Hi!
I'm trying to buy a new wallet and I do like the mercer zip clutch. thinking of either black or navy.
Is is a great wallet? Any complaints?

Where is the best place to buy one? Are there any other colors that are cute like maybe a taupe or cognac?
I have the Stam in black, The posh dot bag in yellow and also many Miu Miu bags in tans, creams and brown. So I was thinking Navy goes with all?

the zc is a fantastic wallet. my favorite. the only complaint i have is that there's no good place to keep change. some people use the pushlock pockets or the zippered compartment in the front. it can be a hassle to get in and out of though, so i keep a separate change pouch. not a big deal. it's certainly not a dealbreaker.

even though you're looking at black and navy, i think you should get a fun color. lilac, merlot, and rose are very pretty. the quilted come in great colors this season. there's teal, plum, and a beautiful slate grey. also, there are always a few listed on ebay. you can get it for a lower price and there are lots of beautiful discontinued colors available.

I think the ZC is the PERFECT wallet. I own three of them and wouldn't mind adding a few more to my collection -- contrary to what tadpole said I find it very convenient to use the front zippered pocket for my change. My Teal ZC is a little tighter than my other 2, but it's also newer so I imagine it will loosen up in time -- but I don't have any problem opening the front zippered pocket wide enough to easily access my change and the main section to access my dollar bills, cards & receipts.

I'd choose a "fun" color for the ZC, but if you're only going to own one, I'd make it something sorta neutral to go with any bag you're using (altho I've never matched my wallet to my bag -- my 1st ZC was Geranium and I used it with just about EVERY bag I own!) The Grey would be pretty or Oak (both of which I think are quilted and not part of the Mercer line)

If you're set on the Mercer line and not quilted, I vote for either Navy or Lilac. There's also Chestnut (or you could go for the "fun" one and choose the Rose!). My personal favorite, however, is the Dark Grey quilted style:

MJ_11601012_lilac_h_pu
756279_fpx.tif
MJ_11786264_navy_h_pu
756280_fpx.tif
721564_fpx.tif

Oh yea, I forgot -- both Bloomingdales and Saks are having their Friends & Family events pretty soon (I think Saks starts pre-sales on the 24th, while the actual event starts a week later I think). If MJ's not excluded from this event (which it MIGHT be), you could save yourself 20% (I'm not sure when Bloomingdale's event is).

Barneys also has an event going on right now thru the 20th -- for every $250 you spend, you get a $25 gift card for future use.

Hmmmmm, which color. . .hmmmmmm. . . .oh yeah, ALL the colors:graucho:.

I :heart: the ZC, it's the best wallet I have ever owned. I only have 2 though so the above comment is really just a fantasy.:flowers:

The ZC is amazing! It's very functional and the best wallet ever. I love that there are so many colors to choose from. My current favorites are lilac, rose and merlot. Soooo pretty!

if you want black, i believe there is one on ebay for a BIN of 210 from a tpfer. i personally would like a colored one.. mj makes such pretty colors that i cant resist.

The zip clutch is *the* best wallet out there (in my opinion!). I love it so much! I am hard on my wallets so I buy them second hand from eBay and have never been disappointed! The organization is wonderful, but like tadpolenyc said, there is not really a good place for change...so I keep my change in one of these:
49e5_1.JPG

Here is the link to his eBay store (I am not affiliated) - he has some really, really cute designs!!
http://stores.ebay.com/Joe-leathercraft

Does anyone know if there are any biegey colours? What are they please?

there are a ton. check out your local department store that carries mj. they usually stock the neutral zc colors. the only color that comes to my mind right now is wheat, but that went on sale at nordstrom during the holidays. i think i recall one called putty too for spring 08.

the zc is a fantastic wallet. my favorite. the only complaint i have is that there's no good place to keep change. some people use the pushlock pockets or the zippered compartment in the front. it can be a hassle to get in and out of though, so i keep a separate change pouch. not a big deal. it's certainly not a dealbreaker.

even though you're looking at black and navy, i think you should get a fun color. lilac, merlot, and rose are very pretty. the quilted come in great colors this season. there's teal, plum, and a beautiful slate grey. also, there are always a few listed on ebay. you can get it for a lower price and there are lots of beautiful discontinued colors available.

I think the ZC is the PERFECT wallet. I own three of them and wouldn't mind adding a few more to my collection -- contrary to what tadpole said I find it very convenient to use the front zippered pocket for my change. My Teal ZC is a little tighter than my other 2, but it's also newer so I imagine it will loosen up in time -- but I don't have any problem opening the front zippered pocket wide enough to easily access my change and the main section to access my dollar bills, cards & receipts.

I'd choose a "fun" color for the ZC, but if you're only going to own one, I'd make it something sorta neutral to go with any bag you're using (altho I've never matched my wallet to my bag -- my 1st ZC was Geranium and I used it with just about EVERY bag I own!) The Grey would be pretty or Oak (both of which I think are quilted and not part of the Mercer line)

If you're set on the Mercer line and not quilted, I vote for either Navy or Lilac. There's also Chestnut (or you could go for the "fun" one and choose the Rose!). My personal favorite, however, is the Dark Grey quilted style:

MJ_11601012_lilac_h_pu
756279_fpx.tif
MJ_11786264_navy_h_pu
756280_fpx.tif
721564_fpx.tif

^^ Yes! what they said!

there are a ton. check out your local department store that carries mj. they usually stock the neutral zc colors. the only color that comes to my mind right now is wheat, but that went on sale at nordstrom during the holidays. i think i recall one called putty too for spring 08.

I also saw a soft calf ZC in Marshmallow during the Neiman Marcus sale. It looked like a creamy tan color. Very nice. I was considering that one myself

I would ahve to agree with everyone here. The zip clutch is a wonderful wallet. I bought my first one about a month ago and I have grown very attached to it! I had never used a wallet of this style before (I always had a checkbook type wallet) but I ended up really loving it. I would not reccomend a really light color in this wallet though. Everyday use might make it hard to keep pristine. I have an MbyMJ turnlock wallet in cream that got very dirty after a couple months of solid use. I have the ZC in maple and it is a great neutral, but not too light. Good luck!