Zip Clutch Hardware question?

^ if so, i've never seen it. i've only come across zc's with polished silver hw. it's a possibility for fall 08 though seeing as how the stams seem to have the brushed silver hw.

^ wasn't there one season where the bags came out with muted silver hardware? i remember someone posting a berry colored stella with hw like that. i wonder why we don't see more of those bags on ebay.

^ wasn't there one season where the bags came out with muted silver hardware? i remember someone posting a berry colored stella with hw like that. i wonder why we don't see more of those bags on ebay.

Yes, my black Stella actually has brushed silver hardware but I'm just not sure which season/year it's from. I think I remember Thithi saying it was 2003 but I could be wrong.

Yep, my wine Stella and zip clutch have brushed nickel hardware. The picture is from my zip clutch (I just took the pic).

Attachments

• zc.jpg
    zc.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 55
Both my black & wine Stella's have the brushed hardware. I actually find the brushed scratches more easily or just shows it more than the shiny. But I have a zc with the ant brass buckles and 2 with shiny silver so I wanted to get a zc with hardware that matches those stella's.
Thanks everyone for the info/thoughts and Dawn for the image of your gorgeous ZC!

^ really? that's surprising. i would've been one of the people who thought that the brushed hw would be virtually scratch proof or at least hide it better. huh.
I have to go wash 2 large filthy hairy dogs and then go to the gym but I will post a pic later. The scratches just seem to jump out way more in contrast to the brushed texture, its sort of like "HI here I am a big shiny scratch in this sea of mellow muted mattness!"

bumping this thread ...

I have a question regarding some of the newer zip clutches. I may get the Roxanne which has the darker nickel hardware and noticed a matching zip clutch which also had the same darker hardware. What season is this zip clutch from? I think the darker hardware looks great with the black leather. Also, does it have a special name? Pewter? I just would like to be able to document the proper style name and color so that I can be sure to find it when I'm ready to purchase. Unfortunately, it's not on sale like the Roxanne is!

Thanks for your help! Haven't been over in MJ for a while. Waves at all of the lovely MJ sub-forum regulars!

I think the same season he stopped using suede and replaced linings with canvas (the first time), he used the brushed silver hardware. It would have been 2003/2004. I always liked the polished silver myself. The brushed HW always seemed so "dull" but I never noticed anything as far as it being more prone to scratches.

^^ thanks, iluvmybags! The zip clutch I saw last night had even darker hardware than the brushed silver MF has used before. It was silver in tone, but darker more like pewter. It matches the darker hardware on the Roxanne. I would love to find it for a bit of a discount, but need to know what exactly I'm looking for first. I'll check a few online sites, too.