Zhang Ziyi in Harpaar's Barzaar & Cosmopolitan

I think she's somehat overhyped... They always say how she's Gong Li's successor but I think she lacks Gong Li's charisma and aura. I LOVED Gong Li as Hatsumomo... so devilishly sexy and powerful in the show! ;p
totally agree... Zhang Zi Yi is nowhere near as charismatic as Gong Li.

someone questioned her eyelids??? i don't think she had double eyelid surgery, from what i've seen from her younger childhood pictures and now, she looks very much the same.

off topic... but I also see Daniel Wu in one of the pics... he's so friggin' hot!

ZZY is really pretty but not anywhere close to the gorgeous Gong Li. Gong Li has a certain mystery about her on screen and she is a far better actress. I loved her in Red Lantern and Farwell My Concubine. To be fair though, ZZY sure knows how to kick everyone's ass and still look fabulous.

I think ZZY will never be the second Gong Li. Gong Li is gorgeous and so talented...loved her performance in Geisha! I've heard an interview with her and she is not only *****y, but snobby too. Not a lot of people like her in China, HK, Taiwan. She's just big because she made blockbusters in the US.

I don't think ZZY got her eyes done. If you notice, one lid is different from the other and with surgery, they would usually look identical. As to eye glue/tape, you can usually see...even with foundation/makeup over it. Unless your eyes are always looking at the camera. If there's a shot of you looking down, you will definitely be able to see the outlines.

agreed. the press here in HK always write about how she messes around with the caucasian directors and how jacky chan puts her together with other producers etc. the chinese media is, admittedly, much more conservative than the US. however, she does act like a b***h when faced with Chinese media, and really that's uncalled for. It was the chinese media that gave her the exposure she now has in the first place. but like you said, there are many more talented and beautiful actresses to adore than ZZY.

compare her to maggie cheung or gong li, she is far from winning any awards. i should mention that gong li is known to be very snobbish too, but the public still loves her, haha!

ETA: i should add that the tabloids don't always say bad things about her, more like snide or cheeky comments. i guess it's because she's really friendly with the US media but not with chinese media. but the rumours of her sleeping around came out before she started declining chinese interviews...(i believe it was around 3-4 years ago)

Yea I think it's just a cycle. How the paparazzi in Hong Kong actually gets pictures of ZZY doing things that support their argument. Whether that be ZZY sitting on Jacky Chan's lap being flirtatious, ZZY making out with the millionaire's son who obviously has a gf (not saying the guy wasn't at fault too) etc.. In turn, I guess she harbours great disdain for the HK media for kind of displaying the side she might not want people to see. It's funny though how in the US, the public's view of her is totally different. I think it's because the Chinese media kind of documented her path to success, whereas in America, they only started when she was famous.

I think ZZY will never be the second Gong Li. Gong Li is gorgeous and so talented...loved her performance in Geisha! I've heard an interview with her and she is not only *****y, but snobby too. Not a lot of people like her in China, HK, Taiwan. She's just big because she made blockbusters in the US.

I don't think ZZY got her eyes done. If you notice, one lid is different from the other and with surgery, they would usually look identical. As to eye glue/tape, you can usually see...even with foundation/makeup over it. Unless your eyes are always looking at the camera. If there's a shot of you looking down, you will definitely be able to see the outlines.

all pictures that appear in fashion magazines are airbrushed. so even if she used the eye tape (never heard of eye glue), u would never know. i had this done a few times myself and u cannot tell in pictures after airbrushing. photo editors can remove pimples, moles, dark circles, lines, wrinkles, etc. and u would never know it was there in the first place.

its a sticky substance that you paint over your eyelid .. wait till it dries a bit and then use the applicater to push in the eyelid and viola it creates that "double layer"

heres a clip -- lol it looks painful but its reallly not

makeup lesson

OMG! It kind of freak me out all the pushing in. Do you know if there's any instruction in english? and where can I get some?