Zero Tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Vlad and Megs and all the moderators for working hard to keep this forum as fun and non-combative as possible. It's much appreciated.

ps- what is the BBB forum, if I might ask? and why are they rushing over here all of sudden?

IntlSet said:
To answer Noriko's question: Oh, God forbid we play nice.

I think littlestarsfan doesn't get the atmosphere of the forum. While we don't expect everyone to respond "always in their favor," most people here don't appreciate being attacked. There's a difference between "posting an opinion" and being persistantly nasty. Noriko, I'm sure if you did a search for littlestarfan's posts, you'd see that she got banned for a good reason.

It's really interesting to see how we determine who we do and do not like. I've always figured a poster's character not only by how they treat me, but other people on this forum as well.

Thanks for answering IntlSet :biggrin: Your opinions are always sound:amuse: I think that Tori might just have been taken the wrong way. I've seen her posts and I suppose because I know and talk to her I see it differently in my mind. We all have different perceptions, so I'll respect what anyone else has to say on the subject but reserve the right to feel a bit sad that shes gone :lol: I hope this remains a drama free zone as much as everyone else :biggrin:

Noriko said:
Thanks for answering IntlSet :biggrin: Your opinions are always sound:amuse: I think that Tori might just have been taken the wrong way. I've seen her posts and I suppose because I know and talk to her I see it differently in my mind. We all have different perceptions, so I'll respect what anyone else has to say on the subject but reserve the right to feel a bit sad that shes gone :lol: I hope this remains a drama free zone as much as everyone else :biggrin:

Nori, ditto everything you said. Especially about how we (me and you) have different perceptions on Tori.

Intlset - I agree with what Nori said, you always voice your opinions in such a mature tone, even in a heated debate you don't go over the line. *thumbs up*

Tpr Speedy said:
thought we shared a common interest: handbags.

I think most of us thought the same until we got a slew of "You deserve what happens to you, no sympathy from me" comments from new people.

I personally never said she got what she deserved. I said that what she did was irresponsible and that I'm sure it's a lesson learned and as a result, I got a slew of negative feedbacks. (all anonymous, of course)

:smile: I love this forum because it's so happy-go-lucky.

Just because we all love bags, doesn't mean we're all full of ourselves or whatever- I'm just a little college student, so I'm not! :smile:

Yeaaaa Vlad!
Thanks for your get tuff attitude. I think we all come here for fun. Lately, the simplest topic seems to bring out the worst in some people taking away the pleasure of the forum.
Lorri

Go back where you all came from (namely BBB), we do not appreciate your arrogant and *****y attitudes here.

Hi, as the Admin/Owner of the BBB I would like to (very politely) speak to this issue. There are currently about 30 members of the BBB who are members of this forum (give or take). Some have been here longer, some have discovered this forum more recently.

Although some individuals from the BBB have made posts on this board that have been deemed unacceptible to this board, not all members of the BBB are here to start trouble. I think many of our members have been assets to this community in helping people authenticate bags and discussing new lines, etc... :idea:

The BBB is a completely free speech board, which allows profanity, open discussion of any matter, no banning, and no censorship. Since it is a small private board, this works for us. I realize in a large public forum like this board with over 5000 members the same rules can't apply, or there would be anarchy. ;) And I realize that I am in someone else's "house" so I am playing by the house rules.

I just don't want everyone to judge the BBB and all of its members as one collosal group of troublemakers, so that is why I am responding here. ;)

It's not, never was and never will be a "us against them" kind of Forum.
But there's been a CLEAR difference in mood around here for the past week or so, people who've been a member here more than a month can see and feel it.
It's Vlad and Megs Forum, they're just reminding us why they started it. :smile:

I just want to post my 2 cents here before I get banned, which I'm bound to do for my post on another thread where I speak my mind.

I'd just like to say that I'm not and have never been here to make trouble. I have been a member for a while now and anyone is free and welcome to go through my posts/threads to see that I do not deliberately bait or antagonise other members.

The BBB'ers didn't all come here at once having previously discussed disrupting the forum. Some were already members, others only discovered the forum when they came here to protect the other members from getting duped by a member that had duped others. Then others joined to help a friend and it just all got off on the wrong foot when they were attacked for defending her from someone crying fake.

I just think that some boards are more relaxed than others and coming from a very relaxed board its hard as an adult to frequent one which is heavily censored and any little disagreement is seen as a confrontation.

But just because I don't like some aspects of the board does that mean that I should leave? There are things I really like about the board, just like in life, there are things we agree with and things we disagree with, it doesn't mean we stop living, we make a stand, then suck up and get on with it!

I just hate the argument 'if you don't like it - leave' because I think its disagreement on issues that causes things to evolve and develop for the better. If we were all clones of each other it would be like the stepford wives and make for a very boring life.

I have gained a lot out of this board and have given a lot back to, but I refuse to pretend I'm someone I'm not and to not express my opinions.

I've never been *****y or offensive and i've never disagreed with a post just to start drama. I am a member of the BBB but that doesn't mean that we should all be judged as one entity, we are all individuals with our own opinions and personalities.

I think that different people with different opinions (which aren't always identical and in agreement) are what makes for a great and varied board.

If I get banned for saying what everyone else on the other thread was thinking but too afraid to admit - then so be it, if I don't - then I hope we can all move on from the drama and get on with what we are really here for - our purse-love!

I don't run this board, so I don't make the decisions. But I certainly don't believe you should be (or will be) banned for that post, Strawberryprincess. I think you were very polite. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.