Zero feedback seller, expedited shipping of $20 paid on August 30 still "zip"

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I bought a bag on ebay from a zero feedback seller on August 30. Paid the same day. The cost was $170 plus $20 for expedited shipping. No communications were received from the seller until I waited a few days then asked about tracking.

Tracking still shows today that the seller has a # but the item isn't yet with the shipper (USPS).

I'm beginning to wonder if the seller is just "renting" my funds.

In any event the $20 for expedited shipping seems to be a bit of a joke, don't you think?

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'm contacting ebay, but I think either way the $20 is a bit much!
Link added:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321499923144

The 30th was Saturday, right? Monday was a holiday. So, the seller could count Tuesday as the one day and ship on Wednesday. Even if shipped on Tuesday, priority mail (what is listed) could easily take 4 or more days to arrive. The $20 was listed and you did agree to it. I always look at my total cost when purchasing.
Not saying you cannot be concerned, but it is early yet.

ETA DC is not tracking; it is delivery confirmation. Unless, the seller did use actual tracking. The USPS does not update consistently.

With expedited shipping & taking into consideration Monday was a holiday,
you should have received the bag.

I'd wait til Tuesday & if your seller is still non communicative, I would just
file an INR... enough is enough , IYKWIM..

Priority mail 2-3 days????

With expedited shipping & taking into consideration Monday was a holiday,
you should have received the bag.

I'd wait til Tuesday & if your seller is still non communicative, I would just
file an INR... enough is enough , IYKWIM..

Priority mail 2-3 days????

On the listing it says 2 to 4 days. But, it can depend on where the OP lives, what time the seller posted it, and any number of circumstances. It has not even been a week as far as business days (cannot count the 30th, 31st or 1st, so payment could be considered the 2nd). I don't tend to even give it a thought unless it has been at least 10 days. And, I certainly avoid filing anything as long as possible to prevent a seller from getting a defect.

Thanks all, I was concerned because she said EXPEDITED not priority shipping That's quicker than priority isn't it? I agree that I agreed to the cost, but I agreed to pay $20 for expedited not slowest method possible.

It does show a tracking number issued but nothing else not even that it's in transit or has been received by the shipper.

Hopefully it comes tomorrow--- if not by Tuesday I'll call PP or Ebay. I've already received other things I ordered by mail after that date several days ago.

Thanks all, I was concerned because she said EXPEDITED not priority shipping That's quicker than priority isn't it? I agree that I agreed to the cost, but I agreed to pay $20 for expedited not slowest method possible.

It does show a tracking number issued but nothing else not even that it's in transit or has been received by the shipper.

Hopefully it comes tomorrow--- if not by Tuesday I'll call PP or Ebay. I've already received other things I ordered by mail after that date several days ago.
Priority mail IS considered (on ebay) to be expedited shipping. Parcel select (formerly parcel post) is standard shipping.

You are premature and even if shipped on Tuesday (after labor day), there's a good chance that you wouldn't have received it yet.

You have plenty of time to file a dispute. Be patient.

If you look at the shipping details, it shows as prioirty mail. (Express mail would have cost way more than $20!)

Attachments

• expedited shipping.png
    expedited shipping.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 522

If your seller is non communicative with regard to finding the exact method
she shipped, then I would contact USPS for more updated info.You paid
$20 for expedited shipping, who knows how seller shipped?

But I would e-mail her perhaps tonight for info & see if seller responds
(24- 48 hours is a reasonable amount of time to respond, IMO) &
if seller doesn't respond, contact PP

The seller is in Maryland how far is this bag traveling (cross country??)

It's not necessary for the seller to "communicate" how it's shipped! She "communicated" it in the listing.

if she shipped on Tuesday or Wednesday, if you were lucky, you might have received it by Saturday. More than likely, it'll come before mid-week.

Those who read here often know that ebay's (and USPS's) estimated shipping timeframe is overly generous.

Priority mail is "expedited" and is not express mail.

Putting aside the issue of whether or not the seller has shipped the bag yet, expedited does refer to Priority Mail; $20.00 also seems pretty reasonable for a largish bag + any insurance cost.

Thanks, I did email her, she never answered, the bag just showed a tracking number after that. The Expedited confused me, if that's the same as priority that makes more sense.

I'll give it more time. I was concerned too because of the zero feedback, everyone starts somewhere, though.

Agree that $20 is a reasonable price to pay for a large package. I shipped a couple of bags via FedEx Smartpost (economy shipping) and it cost me about $18. A lot of it depends on the dimensions of the box it's being shipped in and the weight (though in this instance a bag probably doesn't weigh too much).

You can start filing INR Starting Monday . Priority mail is normally 2-3 days unless other wise your mail got lost or stolen . If the seller doesn't communicate with you. , you can file a item not receive .

PLEASE do not file an INR quickly. You are covered. Be patient.
It has literally been 3 business days since she was to ship.
I do not understand the inclination to advise to file claims so quickly.

Thanks, I did email her, she never answered, the bag just showed a tracking number after that. The Expedited confused me, if that's the same as priority that makes more sense.

I'll give it more time. I was concerned too because of the zero feedback, everyone starts somewhere, though.

Keep in mind that EBay and PP are having glitches galore, so your seller may not have received your messages.
I hope you get your bag this week and love it!

Thanks, it just struck me as odd that they didn't ship until after I bugged them about it, and didn't answer the messages, kind of like the shipping WAS the answer to the message, but then the shipping didn't really say anything either.

I'm just hoping it's a new seller and all will be good. I don't sell very often, but I do know that you need to mail stuff and not expect the buyer to remind you.