Zero feedback bidder.

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
How do I find out if a bidder has a confirmed address with paypal? I have a bag listed and the bidder has zero feedback. They have just joined ebay.
Should I send a message to them reminding them I only ship to confirmed addresses? It says that in my listing, but so many people bid and don't read it or know what that means.

I don't think there is any way to tell until they actually pay you, other than asking them. I've had a few zero feedback buyers who had just joined Ebay and PayPal and luckily they confirmed their addresses right away when they joined, so there were no issues.

Hi VO...I send a message to them, so we will see. I have never had a problem with a buyer on ebay. Most are like me and pay pretty quickly...I want my stuff!
Thanks guys...

What I do is I email them to ask how they plan to pay for the item if they win, usually they never reply back, so I just cancel their bids, and almost all the time they never write back to ask what happened, that is how I know they are just being stupid and bid on items just for fun with no plans of paying!!

What I do is I email them to ask how they plan to pay for the item if they win, usually they never reply back, so I just cancel their bids, and almost all the time they never write back to ask what happened, that is how I know they are just being stupid and bid on items just for fun with no plans of paying!!
this is EXACTLY what i do. If they reply in a timely manner that they have set up thier pay pal account, then I let the bid stand. I usually jsut add in the email, "hi, welcome to ebay and thanks for picking my item as your first purchase, but I want to make sure you are familair with the process and requirements of my auction....etc, etc...if I get no repsonse I cancel their bid.... good luck!

what? am i reading it right? the only way to know if a buyers' paypal address is confirmed is by asking them? what if they lie? sorry for my ignorance...geesh, i thought that since it's sort of an "insurance" for both the buyer and the seller if they have a confirmed address, paypal or ebay lets the seller know if the buyer has a confirmed address... it's just a risk for the seller then?

^trisha's advise sounds good though...and we're all 0 fb once, you may need to explain to them the process and hopefully this turns out well...goodluck!

I just wanted to add that I have had a couple high chanel items sell to 0 fb bidders and all went well and I think i got even better feedback because i was willing to give them a chance. everyone deserves a good first time expereince. but if they didn't respond to my initial "welcome" email, then I didn't hesitate to cancel their bid. i have had to cancel bids a couple times and my item still sold and the person who never repsonded obviously was just a :wacko: nutjob timewaster....go with your instict, it has never failed me!