Zelikovitz Left Black Stain on My Blue Bbag!! What to do?

dexter123

Nov 22, 2015
Hi! I cleaned my Bbag (Twiggy)with products from LMB; next day I got a new bottle of Zelikovitz and proceeded to coat one of the worn corners/piping. That was a few hours ago. Instead, the bag turned black everywhere I put it!! WAAHH!
I do live near a reputable handbag repair place for upper end designer bags - I could take it in or live with it - or is there another option? I never expected this given all I have read on the topic! Please share your thoughts...I am hoping for a miracle by tomorrow morn, but I am not hopeful. TIA!

Thank you...only thing is the bag wasn't that worn and is only six months old.
What would you do - just use it as is?
Thank you for responding!
So the leather where the Zeli was applied didn't feel rough to the touch, like it had been "sandpapered" a bit? That's the only thing i could think of that might make it look darker. Was it still as smooth as the rest of the leather? Which Zeli did you use? Was it the satin finish?

So the leather where the Zeli was applied didn't feel rough to the touch, like it had been "sandpapered" a bit? That's the only thing i could think of that might make it look darker. Was it still as smooth as the rest of the leather? Which Zeli did you use? Was it the satin finish?
Hi muchstuff,
I did not really think it was that bad. It wasn't as good as the rest of the leather though, no. Yes, it was the satin finish. I'm very unhappy!

When you applied this, did it go on darkly?

Think it is worth taking it in for potential repair, or wear her as is?
Much appreciated, btw!

Last edited:
Hi muchstuff,
I did not really think it was that bad. It wasn't as good as the rest of the leather though, no.
When you applied this, did it go on darkly?
Think it is worth taking it in for potential repair, or wear her as is?
Much appreciated, btw!
I've used it mainly on darker bags although I wouldn't think that would make a great deal of difference. How heavy a coat did you put on? I'd leave it overnight and check it in the morning (More likely, being the impatient sort I am, I'd take a hair dryer to it, but I'm fairly fearless when it comes to DIY so please don't feel the need to take my advice...). I do think though that it's repairable if it doesn't lighten up on it's own. Might just take a bit of acrylic leather paint in a matching colour and another top coat after that. Please do let us know what it looks like tomorrow!

I've used it mainly on darker bags although I wouldn't think that would make a great deal of difference. How heavy a coat did you put on? I'd leave it overnight and check it in the morning (More likely, being the impatient sort I am, I'd take a hair dryer to it, but I'm fairly fearless when it comes to DIY so please don't feel the need to take my advice...). I do think though that it's repairable if it doesn't lighten up on it's own. Might just take a bit of acrylic leather paint in a matching colour and another top coat after that. Please do let us know what it looks like tomorrow!

You are going to laugh, but I took a hair dryer to it already!! LOL!! It didn't alter it at all.
I am trying to wait for morning in hopes it improves, but I really regret doing this.

So in your opinion, you feel it would be worth it to take it in and see if they can paint over it? Is that something you think they would do?
I really appreciate your thoughts on this, btw!!

You are going to laugh, but I took a hair dryer to it already!! LOL!! It didn't alter it at all.
I am trying to wait for morning in hopes it improves, but I really regret doing this.

So in your opinion, you feel it would be worth it to take it in and see if they can paint over it? Is that something you think they would do?
I really appreciate your thoughts on this, btw!!
I do find it puzzling that it went that dark and hope someone with more DIY experience than I have chimes in. You didn't mention, was it the satin finish Zeli topcoat? That's the one I've always read that's been recommended. I do my own little fix ups using an acrylic leather paint but I can't see why a good repair shop couldn't help you out. If you go into the care and maintenance threads there's quite a few gals that have left some good advice if you want to attempt it yourself. I don't know what you paid for the bag or how comfortable you might be trying to fix it yourself...

Try contacting Zeli and ask their advice? 800-609-6698 or 613-727-8804 off of their website (Canadian numbers, if you're in the US add the 1).

That's a thought. I'm thinking it's imperfect. I will just live with it and enjoy it but that will bother me. I'm thinking it may lighten with wear n tear. I bought that bag at the Bal outlet for 1k. [emoji35]