Zara

I detest Zara. Where else can your average size 10-12 Uk girl (so 6 to 8 USA), go into a store and have to purchase a L or XL!!! :biggrin:

The sizes are completely crazy. Why go somewhere to buy cheap clothes and then feel bad about yourself lol. The changing rooms are crap, no friends allowed in with you! and everything that looks good on the rail, always looks rubbish on.

Not one of my fave stores ;)

:yes: :lol:
I hear ya sister!

I detest Zara. Where else can your average size 10-12 Uk girl (so 6 to 8 USA), go into a store and have to purchase a L or XL!!! :biggrin:

The sizes are completely crazy. Why go somewhere to buy cheap clothes and then feel bad about yourself lol. The changing rooms are crap, no friends allowed in with you! and everything that looks good on the rail, always looks rubbish on.

Not one of my fave stores ;)
my sentiments exactly:lol:

check out GREGORYS in Dalllas Galleria. The mall is connected to the Westin and GREGORYS is right as you walk out the HOTEL..
ITS VERY EXPENSIVE>. but they have all the latest fashions. i bought these gorgeous dior boots !!!!!!! thy carry d-squared and all the good exensive stuff
to bad i can not fit any of the d-squared stuff- runs so small
EVERYTHING

I actually prefer MNG by Mango over Zara, but MNG is ridiculously pricey in the U.S. even though its quality is much better ...

I like Zara, but the quality is not that great and their excessive sewn-in tags can get a bit irritating.:Push:

I actually prefer MNG by Mango over Zara, but MNG is ridiculously pricey in the U.S. even though its quality is much better ...

I like Zara, but the quality is not that great and their excessive sewn-in tags can get a bit irritating.:Push:

zara really has issues on their quality.... mango is better and the prices here in manila is very fair. :love:

Sorry, I know this thread is old, but I came upon it after visiting Zara. I totally agree Zara's clothing are decent, but the quality isn't so great. How is the quality of MNG? I've realized that there's no MNG in NYC! I checked out their website, and their clothing is exceptionally cheap! Do anyone know why? Also, how are their sizing? Is it similar to Zara? Because a S in Zara, is sometimes really big on me.

Thanks alot

zara isn't really cheap over here in malaysia..coz of the exchange rate i guess..ehhee..but they definitely have lots of cool fashionable items..i love their style..its one of my main places to shop for items on my shopping list;)

I agree that Zara quality is lacking. I have had more than once embarrassing moment with a Zara item ripping, or falling apart in the wash etc. This is my policy on Zara... you are still spending from $75-$200 usually on these items, so only buy something A. if the materials are decent - look for silk B. if the item looks X times more expensive than it is (What I mean by this is that I have seen $1000 Gucci, Dior, Balenciaga etc. outfits knocked off pretty well, to the point where people at Neiman Marcus look at me baffled thinking, "I know that dress...but...? Where did that come from?? Huh."

One thing I have learned is that you can spend $200 on something from Zara or Banana Republic that is made at a zero quality level, or wait till the sales happen and buy something at Neimans or Bloomingdales for $200 or $300 more. Recently I purchased a Gucci jacket for $335, an Armani Collectioni Jacket for $450, Dolce Jeans for $300, a Akris Punto Dress for $200 and a Cavalli Dress for about $500. These items are worth X times more, made that much more skillfully, etc etc.

I still shop at Zara however because the team of designers is great and some of my favorite things in my closet now (gasp!) are from Zara. These things however are usually silk and usually inspected by myself for flaws before purchase. Sometimes I even find something at Zara that I like better than the big designer version, or that I find a totally refreshing and new take on a current trend!

Do not buy knitwear at Zara, do not buy anything you are not sure you will wear because they have a 30 day return policy and you cannot ship back returns, and call before you go to ask what time of the week the shipments arrive, as the sizes XS and S sell first, and if you are smaller, like me, you do not want to be stuck shuffling through the size M and XL. They do not ship anything from another store. Also, if you can, buy in Europe, as the prices are usually lower, and everything is Tax Free, and it is all the same stuff. However I find that European Zara is usually a little too picked over. Also, I think that Zara is a little bit of a novelty in the States still, so shop there while you can before they become as common as Starbucks as they are in Europe where I do not enjoy wearing Zara as much because everyone will know it is from Zara and never guess it is Gucci or Balenciaga.

Usually then they will know exactly what I paid, and also, have one too. Not so special. But, now in the states, it is still fresh. When shopping there I encourage you to bring with you a black waist cinching belt from a higher end store like Neimans. The quality of a belt can usually give away the price of the item. Rip off the cheap plastic belts they attach and try everything on with your real leather black patent belt (they have a great one at Neimans for about $200 and you can wear it with everything), and the outfit will go from Zara to YSL in a second.

PS

Let me add that Armani Collectioni... which charges $1000 + for its jackets often does not use a lining in their jackets and often uses materials like Polyester... I sometimes buy them on sale anyway because I am lured in by the name and because Georgio Armani (the brand one step up from Armani Collectioni) Jackets are $3000, however that goes to show that price does not always mean quality. Take a lesson from Zara, Mr. Armani, even they put a lining in.

Zara is great!!!!!!! They make nice and unique things, but with a reasonable price tag! Although the sizes are waaay too small. In all the other stores Im a size S, but in there Im a M/L.. depressing, but they are thinking about changing them. I heard it on the news today :smile:!!!! :biggrin:. And I think the quality is very good. None of my Zara clothing have ripped or broken.

I really like Zara Woman and the more formal pieces. When I buy at Zara I inspect the clothes carefully for quality control. I like their silk pieces and I at times the clothes that are "Made in Spain" are better made. I have been lucky that most of the clothes I buy have been quite good and last long.

I think sometimes different countries get different selections.

I also like to mix and match Zara with high-end designers.

I went to Zara's for the first time last month at South Coast Plaza in Orange County - not impressed at all... It was loud and the customer service was terrible... they dress it up to look higher end..when really it's a Forever 21 with a professional feel to it (since they sell lots of suits). They did have great deals - just not fit for me.

I have always loved Zara and prefered it over MNG back in Malaysia. However, since coming to the US, I haven't been able to purchase any items from Zara as the nearest store is out in NYC. :sad: I think Zara has much better designs than MNG and one of the reasons I prefer Zara over MNG is probably because everyone in Malaysia wears MNG so much so that you go out and you would most probably spot 10 ppl wearing the same top but maybe in a different color. :Push: I'm looking forward to going home and indulge myself in Zara! :P

i love zara... the service on zara in my country stores were much better than mango... i guess it'll depends on the owner of the franchise stores, it'll reflect on the service of it's employees.
the fitting room is much more decent than the one on mango here.
and the clothes are more stylish.
i love the shoes, i got great flat boots on the store, and the skinny jeans are too cute :yes:
although yes, the sizing is sooo small for the jeans.
about the loosing threads etc, the ones we have here offers free service on fixing and mending the threads, even alterate the jeans length for free.
so it's a good service :P

def. go for zara :yes: