Zara imitating luxury brands

Martina421

Mar 5, 2018
Hey ladies

Do you mind that Zara often imitates haute couture designers?
Do you often go shopping there and find what you're looking for?

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
I stopped going to Zara because I feel that the items are often too trendy, not useful, and the quality isn't really there either. The Zara items I do own are pieces that I seldomly wear.

It's unfortunately way too common in the industry. A lot of brands like to jump on trends - what irks me is when the handbag designs are ripoffs - Steve Madden, Rebecca Minkoff particularly stand out for me.

Last edited:
I go there every now and then but I only find something to buy once in a blue moon - and it's always a coat or knitwear when I do find something.

But I recently saw that Zara had come out with a bag that looks exactly like the Louis Vuitton NeoNoe and that kind of bugged me because they didn't even try to make it look different. And I just know that as soon as my friends see that it looks like my NeoNoe they're going to be like "why didn't just buy this one then? It's much cheaper" :annoyed:

But like Icing_Time said: it's more annoying when other designers do it.

I love Zara, I buy there most weeks! They do jump on designer trends but isn’t that what most of the high street do? It normally does filter down. Not sure about almost identical bags tho

I stopped going to Zara because I feel that the items are often too trendy, not useful, and the quality isn't really there either. The Zara items I do own are pieces that I seldomly wear.

I completely agree! I also don’t feel comfortable shopping with any company that copies anything. I understand taking inspiration from the premier designers, but not replicas with no attempt at their own interpretation.

Reactions: Icing_Time