Zara basics quality?

shanafy

Jul 29, 2008
First time shopping at zaras...
I'm usually a very high end shopper of rtw and I buy a few pieces each season and today I walked into to zaras... And I found some cute things
and I just wanted to know what to expect quality wise?
.Can anyone comment
Am I in for gap quality stuff?
Or like forever21/ H & M?

H&M, in my experience. all the "fast fashion" chains, since they're focused on quick manufacturing turnaround time, are notably more lax with QC than high end RTW . . . basically i view those stores as good sources of disposable, trendy stuff that i know will go out of style in a year anyway, so you don't feel bad wearing a couple of times and tossing

for zara...if you take good care of them...they can last.
i have been a fan of zara...i am still wearing a top i bought 10 years ago.
i also bought a dress last summer on sale...still loving it.
their quality is dropping though....but if you treat them nicely...they are much nicer than HM IMO.
i tried shopping at HM...i just couldn't love them.

Zara Basics... their quality is similar to H&M. Very thin material and you know that if you put it in the washing machine, it will come out looking more wrinkle and just disposable after a few wears (at least from what I have seen when I walk into their stores). It really depends on the material. I have two tops from them and they have hold up pretty well (I handwash them thought).

^ like lvpiggy said, those kind of stores are fashionable yet disposable after a new season comes out, or if the clothes fall apart first.

I use to shop at zara's often but find the quality of many of their clothes not that great. I can get 3-4 wears out of some of the sweaters and tops after I wash them . Sometimes after wash I can't even get another wear because they come out looking faded and some have gotten holes. I wash according to label so I know that is not the problem. I do have a couple of Zara's tops that I have had for 5 years and still look good. I think their quality is similar to H&M but find some sweaters over priced for the quality.