Zara basics quality?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. First time shopping at zaras...
    I'm usually a very high end shopper of rtw and I buy a few pieces each season and today I walked into to zaras... And I found some cute things
    and I just wanted to know what to expect quality wise?
    .Can anyone comment
    Am I in for gap quality stuff?
    Or like forever21/ H & M?

2. H&M, in my experience. all the "fast fashion" chains, since they're focused on quick manufacturing turnaround time, are notably more lax with QC than high end RTW . . . basically i view those stores as good sources of disposable, trendy stuff that i know will go out of style in a year anyway, so you don't feel bad wearing a couple of times and tossing

3. for zara...if you take good care of them...they can last.
    i have been a fan of zara...i am still wearing a top i bought 10 years ago.
    i also bought a dress last summer on sale...still loving it.
    their quality is dropping though....but if you treat them nicely...they are much nicer than HM IMO.
    i tried shopping at HM...i just couldn't love them.

4. I find Zara to be higher quality than H&M, and H&M to be higher quality than Forever 21.

5. thanks you guys!
    it gives me a pretty good idea.
    I've never been good at fashion so I'm trying...:smile:

6. Zara Basics... their quality is similar to H&M. Very thin material and you know that if you put it in the washing machine, it will come out looking more wrinkle and just disposable after a few wears (at least from what I have seen when I walk into their stores). It really depends on the material. I have two tops from them and they have hold up pretty well (I handwash them thought).

^ like lvpiggy said, those kind of stores are fashionable yet disposable after a new season comes out, or if the clothes fall apart first.

7. I use to shop at zara's often but find the quality of many of their clothes not that great. I can get 3-4 wears out of some of the sweaters and tops after I wash them . Sometimes after wash I can't even get another wear because they come out looking faded and some have gotten holes. I wash according to label so I know that is not the problem. I do have a couple of Zara's tops that I have had for 5 years and still look good. I think their quality is similar to H&M but find some sweaters over priced for the quality.