Zappos.com Gear $50,000 Cease and Desist T-Shirt

Loganz

older, not wiser
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
My husband just forwarded this to me:

http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7545058

You must click the link for full appreciation; but, here is a little bit from the "product" explanation.

Product Information:

• Buy this rare collector's t-shirt and we'll make sure your significant other never shops at Zappos.com again! When you purchase this limited edition t-shirt, we will permanently disable your significant other's Zappos.com account for the rest of his/her life.
  • Within 30 days of purchase, a Customer Loyalty Team ("CLT") representative from Zappos.com will arrive to the location of your choosing in the United States to break the news in person to your significant other.
  • The CLT rep will also be a shoulder to cry on for up to 1 hour (60
    minutes) for your significant other. As time permits, the CLT rep will also be available to share tears of joy with you.
  • The CLT rep will be happy to frolic in a field of daisies with you or do anything that is mutually agreed upon to not be morally or ethically objectionable.
  • Should you exceed your 1-hour time limit, additional time is available, billable to your credit card or PayPal at $3.99/minute. The CLT rep may elect at his/her discretion to barter his/her time, such as in exchange for a home-cooked meal or for permission to borrow your cat for up to 24 hours provided that the feline is returned in the condition it was received.
  • Certain restrictions and disclaimers apply:
  • Disclaimer 1: Zappos.com, Inc. is not responsible or liable if your significant other creates or uses another account using a different email address. It is your responsibility to monitor how many email accounts your significant other creates or uses.
  • Disclaimer 2: Due to the incredible lifetime benefit of this product and service, we are unable to honor our standard 365-day return policy. Our 365-day return policy is valid only if you are permanently divorced or separated within 365 days. Any separation of less than 15 days, "taking a break", or equivalent does not count. Should you remarry, get back together, or "realize that you made a mistake and can't live without him/her", you are no longer eligible for a refund. If you have already been refunded, we will hunt you down for the $50,000 that you owe "the company". Also, in the event you are eligible for a refund, please note that our free return shipping applies only to the t-shirt. (For example, please do not ship us your wife.)
  • Disclaimer 3: Some people like to shop because they like nice things.
    Some people like to shop because they want to be fashionable. And some people like to shop because they like to shop. We like all these people and will generally help them in any way possible. However, we can be bought for a price to make the shopping stop.
  • 100% Cotton.
  • Crew neck; short sleeve (regular fit).
  • Official Zappos.com logo on the front.
  • Machine wash cold; tumble dry medium.
  • 5 Zappos.com account deactivation choices available: wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, or "it's complicated".

Attachments

• 918394-d.jpg
    918394-d.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 90
^ Zappos is selling the ability to cut off your significant other from shopping on Zappos - the cost is $50,000 - did you click the link?

Should you exceed your 1-hour time limit, additional time is available, billable to your credit card or PayPal at $3.99/minute. The CLT rep may elect at his/her discretion to barter his/her time, such as in exchange for a home-cooked meal or for permission to borrow your cat for up to 24 hours provided that the feline is returned in the condition it was received.

hahahah thats funny

if i was oprah i would probably buy this shirt

I posted this in the glass slipper for all the shoe-lovers several days ago. It seems like it's mostly an expensive joke. After all, it's one account attached to 1 email, hardly something any smart gal couldn't work around. They have gotten a bit of press over this, so it's working well as Zappos advertising.

Anyway, it does look like stock has depleted & one negative review that mentioned words like 'divorce' has disappeared from that page (I do have it saved on my hardrive somewhere). So, if you have more money than sense, maybe it's an expensive way to make a point? There are some ladies who spend $5K-$20K per year on shoes, so it's possible that if you are in that income bracked, 50K may not seem so much. (Boy, I wish I had those money problems, KWIM?).

^ LOL - I didn't mean to double post, :Push:. I did a search under zappos and didn't see this...but, anywho - it is pretty funny and I am curious how many people bought - gawd- were they really charged $50K??? :wtf:

Maybe if zappos offered to give all proceeds minus the $20 shirt cost to charity someone would buy this for the charitable benefit?