Zac Posen Eartha Envelope Backpack- To buy or not to buy?

I have been obsessing over the Zac Posen Eartha Envelope Backpack in royal blue. I keep trying to find an amazing deal on it but haven't so far (eBay price went UP!) I've never owned a Zac Posen and don't know if the quality is good or not. My other concern is that the leather looks as though it would scratch easily. I am enamored with this design...any help or feedback is appreciated!

;) Susie

shopping

I have the Eartha Satchel in green with gold hardware. If the material is the same (which it does look like it) then yes, it does scratch easily. My watch/bracelets are always scratching the flap part when opening. Also, the hardware has chipped and lost most of its color. I found mine at Off 5th and I usually see plenty of Zac Posen bags there so it's worth checking. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for my bag.

Thank you so much for your reply! I love the look of this bag but need something for every day, so I don't think that this would hold up too well. Ideally, I would love this as a crossbody in this color with leather that holds up to every day use. Is there something that you could put on the leather to protect it? Thanks again!