Z (the life of Zelda Fitzgerald) on Amazon Prime starring Christina Ricci

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
A new take on Zelda Fitzgerald wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald. The common assumption about this woman was that she was as crazy as a loon, wild and a detriment to her husband. This show is based upon the biography written by Nancy Mitford which portrays Zelda as a misunderstood woman who was very talented in her own right and really thwarted by her husband's ambitions.

Just started watching this and am as far as episode 4. It is filmed in 1/2 hour segments so it it rather easy viewing. The costumes and period settings are great.

Hope someone else is watching it.:smile:

BTW, Woody Allen's film Midnight in Paris shows the Fitzgeralds, their drinking and partying and a glimpse at their relationship with Ernest Hemingway, which was rather interesting in itself.

Reactions: ssocialitex
I started watching. Only on episode 3 but I like the short episodes! Makes me feel less guilty when I binge.
Exactly lol! I saw her on the Graham Norton Show and she was doing the PR. She is really really tiny! I am impressed that she is 36 and was playing an 18 year old quite well. I think i will try to read the Mitford book too. I know that someone will stone me for this, but I always thought that he was an overrated writer. It seems to me that we were flogged to death with The Great Gatsby when I was in HS. It is sad to think that she had great potential that was never brought to fruition.

I read the book. I thought my mother would enjoy it so I brought my copy when I visited my parents so she could read it.

Turns out she already had a copy.

(The reverse happened at Christmas. My mom got me a paperback cooy of book she thought I would like, only to find out I already had a copy. I preordered it when it first came out. That book is now hers. She talked about wanting to read it herself so I handed it back to her and I was like, "Merry Christmas!")