Yurman quality

I do not have any link pieces, I have a petite albion citrine & diamond necklace, the petite albion citrine and yellow sapphire ring (with gold detailing but not gold plated), a 5 mm citrine cable bracelet (with gold accent ends but not plated) and a 5 mm diamond pave bracelet and cable diamond pave X bracelet (both of these diamond bracelets don't have gold on them).

I purchased them at a boutique jeweler called, "Duncan & Boyd". They are only in Texas (to my knowledge). They have a great selection of David Yurman and their customer service is fab!

ooh thats nice!
i got my reply from yurman:

Our Gold Collections(18k yellow or white gold)
is Color G, VS1 or VS2.

However, the Silver Ice Color is Color 1 or J,
VS2 to SL1.

that is regarding to the color and clarity of the pave diamonds they use, usually surrounding the gemstone =)

this makes me want to just buy their 18k collection
but Judith ripka makes lovely ones too!

I love DY designs, but the quality has been an issue for me. I sold DY 6 years ago, and found the craftsmanship just medicore. The pave' pieces were the worst. I think its one of those brands that will look great to most, but fail the test of those with a discerning eye.

^ Probably not pieces that I would put in an ultrasonic cleaner. Just clean with some solution and a toothbrush.
Plus pendants and necklaces aren't getting a lot of physical wear to worry about loose stones. Rings and bracelets I would be a bit more careful with, but from what I recall, he usually just pave's the stones on the top, not around the band. Even if you do loose a stone, at that size it won't be too expensive to replace.

so even after a year u can exchange ur yurman's? if they break or crack? isnt there like a store policy of within how many days u cant return and stuff?

they're really good on customer service.
after about having a necklace for two years, the clasp broke.
i thought they were just going to send it in for repair... Nope. They gave me a new one.
i didnt take a receipt or anything! :yes:

IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES EVER.:okay:
really makes me think this is what customer service should be like.

^^actually, I lost a bracelet - it was a new style with a toggle - several years ago. I'd only had it a week. I think it was a flaw in the size of the toggle and the ring. NM told me they would contact DY and see what they would do. While waiting, I contacted DY on my own by email, they replaced the bracelet right away.

(NM later told me DY wouldn't do anything - I think they just didn't ever look into it)

I think Yurman is a really great company as far as customer service!