Yurman quality

OMG yeah!! its like if its OVER 1000 it gotta meet its standards u know! hahahah i just LOATHE it when i see flaws or hairline scratches or a small dent that my eagle eye sees (my eyes are actually horrible ive had 7 eye operations, but becasue my eyes are so ppooor I use my one good eye to see all the flaws with my HUGE magnifying glasses)
it sucks makes life so much harder when ur a perfectionist really.
I see a flaw, i keep thinking about it, and think about it and think about it before i go to bed, when im showering, when i wear it, oh god

it sucks makes life so much harder when ur a perfectionist really.
I see a flaw, i keep thinking about it, and think about it and think about it before i go to bed, when im showering, when i wear it, oh god

I'm the same way, I notice every detail because I study it forever.

My fiance bought me the 18k gold and garnet petite albion ring and they sent a sample for approval first. So pretty. When they shipped mine in the size I needed, I noticed that the garnet in the sample was much more ruby red while the one in my ring isn't as red and had more of a brownish hue.

It bothers me in certain lights, but what can you do? :shrugs:

As much as I am a true fan, I do wonder about DY quality myself... a while back I bought a dy ring with a gem and on the first day using it, the gem was loose.... so I returned it for a Judith Ripka which I've never had any problems with. I was so disappointed as this had been my first DY ring purchase...and it kind of turned me off to DY for a while until I fell in love with a buckle ring I saw on a SA. I think in general, I will stick to silver/gold rings when it comes to DY...

An SA told me that the finish will come off of gemstones in chlorine (pool water) making the stone cloudy. So I guess they put something on the stone to make it shiny.

Lola- oh wth so does that mean the gemstone is not really 'natural' as the claim it is, there is another layer of coating on it to make it more sparkly

u know i was wondering for yurmans citrines if its actually "natural" citrines or the cheaper kind which is using cheap amethyst or smokey quartz burning it to a certain degree and the color becomes citrine whcih is not a natural citrine but still a natural stone.

I have the DY citrine & diamond albion necklace, citrine and yellow sapphire petite albion ring and a citrine cable bracelet and the citrines are real. All of my citrines are gorgeous and rich looking.
I am glad to know there are other perfectionists out there....as long as my jeweler honors the DY quality for the items I purchase from her, I will continue to purchase. The day she tells me that she can't exchange an item and I have to work with DY themselves, I will stop buying DY.

Lola- oh wth so does that mean the gemstone is not really 'natural' as the claim it is, there is another layer of coating on it to make it more sparkly.

I don't know but I did take my stone into a pool (not knowing about the chlorine taking off the finish) and I can verify that it is true. My stone was noticeably more cloudy afterwards. I did get it replaced because I didn't like the cloudiness.

wouldnt it cost a lot of it was solid? or were the prices the same and now that theyre 'popular' the kept the same price but use plated gold =P?

yeah i might stick to leVian orsmoething...but damn ive noticed my champagne citrine a bit cloudy when i was rinsing it with tap water =S

I love Yurman- I have about a dozen pieces (wonderful husband!) My family and his family are also Yurman freaks- it is sort of disgusting =)

I have had several issues: The long dangling heart on the box chain (the large one) suddenly got very discolored in areas along the chain- almost black in some areas. I can't polish it off, and apparently need to take it to get professionally cleaned.
The stud broke off one of my onyx cookie earrings.
The pearl fell out of my sister's cable stack ring
The clasp on my husbands bracelet (it is from David Yurman's son's line) it is huge- the clasp always loosens and the bracelet has gone flying off his wrist several times. Sort of an expensive item for such a stupidly designed clasp.
I returned a pair of Cigar band cufflinks because the "cigar band" actually fell off the cufflink. My husband also said they felt very cheap. Luckily NM took these back

However, I adore Yurman and will continue to buy it- because my other pieces have no problems!

seems like their pearls keep coming off
so let me clarify, no matter where u buy ur david yurman, theres a life time guarntee that they will take it back and fix it? they stand behind thir products for a lifetime?

I know some threads of expressed concern for the gold plating on certain pieces. When I saw this, I did some research. I was only able to find about 8 pieces that have gold plating (sold at any given website) and the websites I saw did state that the item is gold plated--thankfully none of my pieces are. If memory serves me, it was mostly link pieces such as link necklaces.