Yurman quality

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I recently got this bracelet:
One of the cables looks "normal" like the two twisted cords of silver should look. The other cable looks more etched, like the twist lines are etched on the silver and not made from twisting two cords of silver together. I got it from an authorized DY jeweler in town. Is DY hand made and some imperfections are normal or does this sound weird to anyone? I haven't noticed this on any of my other Yurman pieces.
Thanks

Hmmm, I own about 20 pieces of Yurman, and while there are slight variations from piece to piece, I haven't had any major problems with inconsistencies or imperfections or quality. This sounds like the kind of thing that's going to bug you. I would recommend exchanging your bracelet for another one that you like more. Good luck!

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I will try to exchange it for another one tomorrow. This is my 2nd exchange in 3 weeks. I purchased an amethyst 7mm cable bracelet that came chipped. I am starting to question whether it is my luck or the quality of yurman. anyway, thanks. Any more experiences/thoughts would be appreciated.

I believe Yurman pieces are handmade, so there will be small variations in each piece. Overall, the quality is excellent though. Many people think that the prices are high for silver, but I noticed that the amount of silver used in the construction of these pieces is quite substantial. All of my Yurman pieces have a nice weight to them you just don't get with cheaper silver jewelry.

i kind of wonder abou the qualities too
i got a custom ordered/made enhancer i waited for about 2 years, reason is because the first one they finished when it arrived to Canada Vancouver to Holt Renfrew( which is kind of like Barneys, saks but in vancouver) the 20mm champagne citrine stone had a crack chip in the middle so they had to remake it but otherwise its lovelyyyyyyyyyy but even this one which is flawless if u use a micrscope i have a sepcialize mucroscope that is SUPER strong i can see dots in the champagne citrine but the david hyurman speciliast ensured me that it is the 'nature' of the stone if it were to be completey flawless it would be man made which makes sense
but heres my lovely special ordered enhancer
CIMG7228.jpg

I exchanged that other bracelet I was referencing for a new one. Though this new one is much better, there is still a slight difference in the two cables making me think that the pieces may be hand made due to the variance. Does anyone know?

I've had two problems with my Yurman jewelry, but they were both replaced immediately...

1. The pearl in my mini-Hampton ring turned gray right after I bought it in 2002, so my authorized local seller allowed me to exchange it without a problem. It's been fine since then.

2. A pearl in my pearl cable bracelet was cracked when I received it in 2005. This piece was from Neiman's and they allowed me to exchange it for another. One of the pearls in the bracelet now has a gray-ish tone, but I'm not sure that it's worth bringing back to Neiman's again, especially since it's been 3 years.

Both of my pieces were exchanged within a few months of receiving them. I'm not going to bother bringing it back again, though, since the gray tone isn't obvious to anyone but me. I'm not sure that Neiman's would replace the bracelet, but my local authorized seller once told me that they guarantee their Yurman products for life. I wish that my boyfriend would've known that before surprising me with a bracelet from NM!

eckertle-its nice to know that they guarntee their products for life, does that only apply to your retailer or for ALL david yurman carrier retailiers?
fashion 16- it sucks how most of the yurmans come with flaws, my jeweler keeps telling me its the nature of the stone, making it more one of a kind which makes sense but then it bugs me cause im sucha perfectionest esp with higher end sterling silver brands like yurman

I totally agree!!! I too am a perfectionist. When I fall in love with a jewelry and plunk down 1k or more, it better be perfect when I walk out of the store with it!