Yuck!! This is so tack and giving Loubies fans a bad name!

The Summer is officially here and we gotta make sure you can let the world know all bad girls wear red bottoms. Even if you aint got a pair on your feet we will make sure u reppin. --> from their website.. :confused1:

My DBF made a good point. Can they even sell the shirts since they have the image of the trademark soles?

1. Louboutin lost its trademark in its District Court case against YSL earlier this year.

2. A trademark wouldn't stop them from using the image

3. The image would be covered by a copyright and not knowing who took the picture, I'm not sure who holds the copyright.

4. In the U.S. designs are NOT protected.

Thanks for the facts. I thought it would be similar to the law pertaining to licensed fabrics or photos of Disney items. You cannot reproduce and sell any items with Disney characters or logos. Like taking a photo of a Mickey stuffed animal and printing it on shirts for sale.

Thanks for the facts. I thought it would be similar to the law pertaining to licensed fabrics or photos of Disney items. You cannot reproduce and sell any items with Disney characters or logos. Like taking a photo of a Mickey stuffed animal and printing it on shirts for sale.

That's because Mickey is copyrighted, but fashion designs cannot be copyrighted (see the IDPPPA).

chanel*liz said:
that's what i was thinking :confused1: .. it's like a ghetto rap song when they rap about "red bottoms on dem feet"..

Omg I hate to hear my shoes referred to as "red bottoms" :mad:

Many of the people who say that are my students. I love them so I give them a pass.:P but for the rest!:nono: