Yuck!! This is so tack and giving Loubies fans a bad name!

1. Louboutin lost its trademark in its District Court case against YSL earlier this year.

2. A trademark wouldn't stop them from using the image

3. The image would be covered by a copyright and not knowing who took the picture, I'm not sure who holds the copyright.

4. In the U.S. designs are NOT protected.

sure they are...they're called design patents...i used to file them all the time for Nokia.

I know exactly how you feel. My co-worker sends me emails "hey Miss Red Bottoms...":pout::cursing:
:lol: it annoys me to no end...and if they're my friend i give them a lil enunciation lesson...i guess they don't want to butcher the name...which shows mrL has acquired secondary meaning for his mark.....but obvi the judge disagreed

:lol: it annoys me to no end...and if they're my friend i give them a lil enunciation lesson...i guess they don't want to butcher the name...which shows mrL has acquired secondary meaning for his mark.....but obvi the judge disagreed

My parents insist on calling my Louboutins "Louis Vuittons." :rolleyes:

I stopped correcting them about a year ago.

LOL, this reminds me of the conclusion of the lesson I gave my girlfriend! I said annnnddddd his shoes have names, if you don't want to say Louboutin....She looked @ me like I had five heads and bust out laughing...:lol:

would you believe people that work in my local shoe department at NM call Louboutins Louis Vuittons as well?!? I honestly cannot shop there because it bothers me so much :P

oh dear. well i find that people on this forum tend to be more knowledgeable about the style names than the associates...to them it's just a shop [and that's fine] to us...it's :hbeat:

sure they are...they're called design patents...i used to file them all the time for Nokia.

Sorry to not be clear, I thought it was implied since we were talking about shoes. I meant fashion designs aren't. There can be trade dress protection available, however, I would say only his most iconic designs (i.e. Pigalle) would have a chance at that.