YUCK...the return of AF

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i was so graciously blessed with my first visit from aunt flo since i got pregnant and man it sucks! the cramping is horrific!! i had my check up last monday and i got a prescription for the pill [ortho tricyclen] which i started the day aunt flo showed her ugly head. im just wondering if anyone else did this and how long did it take to start making any kind of a change. i've been taking it now for 3 days....still heavy bleeding and hella bad cramps. i just feel so lazy and i want to gorge myself on chocolate...hehehe.

2. mine started back but i'm still BFing. it was very very light. mostly cramping. i'm sure this month will be worse.

3. I haven't gotten it yet! I'm not bf as much maybe twice a day, and am surprised it's not here yet.

Hope your cramps get better pinkhearts n lvluvr!

4. What a drag, sorry.

5. with my first she didn't show up for about 7 mths...so that was GREAT!!
    second i got the mirena which was blah.
    this time around seems to just really suck! dh stopped and got me some pamprin extra strength, so i hope that kicks in soon. *fingers crossed*

6. I'm very much not looking forward to the return of AF - so sorry you have to deal with yours so quickly after Mackenzie's arrival!

7. I just had my first "real" one...super light though. But I had cramps worse than pre-pregnancy!

8. Hope you get to feeling better soon, sweetie!! :hugs:

9. I hope you feel better soon.

I am sorry you didn't like the Mirena, I love mine. I have had 2 cycles, both less than 1 day.

10. oh the mirena was almost the death of me. funny thing is that i was talking to my doc and she said it did that same exact thing to her. we were both super *****y, no libido and it was just plan bad. when it was removed i bled for 6 mths straight...it was horrible. im considering getting the para guard but im not sure yet.

11. Yeah, Mirena was awful for me too.
    I never understood why some women complain about AF? I mean, if it wasn't for AF, then things probably wouldn't be working properly and we wouldn't be having these wonderful discussions in the pregnancy and parenting forum...Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon! I know it's hard when things start back up again after baby.

12. I hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

so far I have been lucky and AF has not shown up. I have though been on the mini pill for a month and a bit and I know that it can stop or lighten AF.

13. I got mine about 4 weeks after I gave birth and I swear, it was so heavy I could've sworn I was hemmoraging!!!!! Thankfully, its returned to normal.

14. Mine returned after 6 weeks while I am still breastfeeding and the second one came 2 weeks later!! Geez...however, I don't have cramps as I normally have pre-pregnancy.

Hope your pills will stabilise your cycle.....take care.

15. I have had 2 cycles and and it's always REALLY REALLY heavy on the first day,
    no cramps though.