YSL vs Chanel?

WishList986

Bag Lover
Sep 3, 2015
Ok, I'll admit that I have a really hard time when it comes to making decisions (big or small). I do not own a super expensive handbag, only an Alexander Wang rockie, and am super excited about purchasing my first luxury bag.
I seriously can't decide if I want a medium Chanel classic flap (Black) or the Saint Laurent Classic Large College Monogram Saint Laurent bag.
I know that Chanel "lasts forever" and is "timeless", but lately with the declining customer service and rumored decrease in quality, I seriously need help making my decision.
Pros and Cons, as well as regular input greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Ok, I'll admit that I have a really hard time when it comes to making decisions (big or small). I do not own a super expensive handbag, only an Alexander Wang rockie, and am super excited about purchasing my first luxury bag.
I seriously can't decide if I want a medium Chanel classic flap (Black) or the Saint Laurent Classic Large College Monogram Saint Laurent bag.
I know that Chanel "lasts forever" and is "timeless", but lately with the declining customer service and rumored decrease in quality, I seriously need help making my decision.
Thank you in advance!

Aesthetically, I prefer the medium Chanel classic flap (Black) to the YSL one you are considering. Ok, I admit I am biased... I love Chanel flaps!

In addition, I know that many YSL bags go on sale... I don't know if the particular YSL bag you wanna buy ever goes on sale or not... but having seen quite a lot of YSL bags going on sale, it just doesn't make me feel comfortable buying a bag that could potentially go on sale.

On the otherhand, medium Chanel classic flap (Black) never goes on sale.

A Chanel classic flapbag is a timeless classic that will always be in style and maintains its value. Chanel will always be my first love. But on the other hand if you want to get your feet wet first and not dive right in with a big chanel purchase, I think a ysl bag is a good alternative. I am extremely happy with my ysl bags. They are versatile, stylish and very well made. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1446013740.153070.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446013796.296857.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1446013819.725269.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Chanel is best because it's classic and that price increase will be coming. I do like YSL bag but you can always get that imo

My vote is for Chanel. My experience with YSL hasn't been good at all...I purchased two YSL bags and had to return both due to quality issues. Also, if you have the classic flap on your bucket list, with the price increases it is better to get it now rather than wait. Personally, I prefer the look of the classic flap over the YSL monogram bag as well. Good luck deciding.

A Chanel classic flapbag is a timeless classic that will always be in style and maintains its value. Chanel will always be my first love. But on the other hand if you want to get your feet wet first and not dive right in with a big chanel purchase, I think a ysl bag is a good alternative. I am extremely happy with my ysl bags. They are versatile, stylish and very well made. View attachment 3170663View attachment 3170666View attachment 3170668

Your photos are absolutely stunning! Thank you for your comment

My vote is for Chanel. My experience with YSL hasn't been good at all...I purchased two YSL bags and had to return both due to quality issues. Also, if you have the classic flap on your bucket list, with the price increases it is better to get it now rather than wait. Personally, I prefer the look of the classic flap over the YSL monogram bag as well. Good luck deciding.

Good to now about quality issues, that was definitely something I had been worrying about. Thank you!