YSL Vincennes - replace Mombasa?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hello to all of you! I am Keren and this is my first post (ok, it is the second, the first was at the introduction thread:smile: ).

It is really amazing: so many YSL professionals at one place!

I have two Mombasas and two Kahalas, and now i have a new favorite - Vincennes.

My question: will this bag replace the Mombasa? Or is it a variation of it, a trend not a classic one?

The small one costs here in Germany 999 Euro, at the summer sale i sow the suede pink one for 400 Euro. What do you think, will the black or dark brown version go on winter sale? Cause there are some on eBay (600-700Euro) and now i don´t now what to do: buy or wait...:shrugs:

i have read here posts from so many happy Vincennes owners...and i love this bag so much!

What do you advise me?

Thanks

Kind Regards

K.

2. Welcome! :yahoo:

I see Vincennes as a nice trendy variation of the Mombasa, but not a classic like the Mombasa. Vincennes is more feminine to me, whereas Mombasa is chic if that makes sense lol? Love both!

3. I don't think it's a replacement, like Twinklette stated, I think it's a variation of the Mombasa. The Mombasa is a stand-by classic that I don't see YSL discontinuing any time soon.

4. hey, what are the sizes of the vincennes. i just got mine today and it's small, i thought i had ordered the large??? i'm a little disappointed, i was looking for a big bag. :sad:

5. I went to the YSL boutique this past weekend and there were quite a few new Mombasa bags. They had leather, ostrich (in fabulous colors) and patent leather mombasa bags. I did not see any bags from the Vincennes collection.
    I have the Mala Mala, Mombasa and a Vincennes and I love them all!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice