YSL Uptown Chain Wallet

LadyV

O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
I'm looking to get back in the YSL game! After selling my Lou camera bag earlier this year, I'm looking for a bag that's a bit on the dressier side but something I could still wear on a daily basis when I want to.

The problem I'm running into is that because I'm not a fan of the matelasse (it's beautiful, it's just not me), I'm trying to find a bag that's in smooth or grain de poudre leather. I've looked at the Kate and Sunset but I think I've narrowed it down to the Uptown Chain Wallet. I love the style, especially with the gold chain strap.

Does anyone here have it? I've watched the reviews on YouTube but I'm wondering if anyone has it and has regretted it or may think it's too small.

Reactions: Laiphan

Laiphan

Feb 23, 2020
Sacramento, CA
I purchased the bag, but ended up exchanging it for something else because it was way too small for me. It’s a gorgeous bag and I really wanted to keep it, but I didn’t want to regret it. It fits the card holder that it comes with, an iPhone 11 max Pro, keys, and maybe a chapstick. If you put anything else I feel like you’ll be pushing it. If you carry more than that I don’t think the bag would be good for an everyday bag. Just with those items I mention it seem like the bag was stretched out a bit.

Reactions: LadyV

mayraforyou

Jan 11, 2020
I'm looking to get back in the YSL game! After selling my Lou camera bag earlier this year, I'm looking for a bag that's a bit on the dressier side but something I could still wear on a daily basis when I want to.

The problem I'm running into is that because I'm not a fan of the matelasse (it's beautiful, it's just not me), I'm trying to find a bag that's in smooth or grain de poudre leather. I've looked at the Kate and Sunset but I think I've narrowed it down to the Uptown Chain Wallet. I love the style, especially with the gold chain strap.

Does anyone here have it? I've watched the reviews on YouTube but I'm wondering if anyone has it and has regretted it or may think it's too small.

by matelasse you mean quilted?

LadyV

O.G.
Jun 21, 2007
I purchased the bag, but ended up exchanging it for something else because it was way too small for me. It’s a gorgeous bag and I really wanted to keep it, but I didn’t want to regret it. It fits the card holder that it comes with, an iPhone 11 max Pro, keys, and maybe a chapstick. If you put anything else I feel like you’ll be pushing it. If you carry more than that I don’t think the bag would be good for an everyday bag. Just with those items I mention it seem like the bag was stretched out a bit.
Thanks so much! Your review was very helpful. As much as I love the look of it, I think it's too small for me in terms of what it can fit and on my frame. On to the next I guess...