YSL Toy LouLou Stitching Problem

I just purchased a YSL Toy Loulou bag from Farfetch, but I noticed that there seems to be a stitching issue that causes the leather to look pulled or cracked. This is especially noticeable right at the tip of the flap, and three white, pulled stitches could be seen when looking at the bag straight on. I plan on returning the bag, and I reached out to another boutique that had it in stock to ask for photos of the bag before purchasing in case of the same issue. The lovely sales associate sent me photos of the two bags they have in stock, and she said it appears that they all have this "issue" to varying degrees and it's standard of this style due to the puffiness. (I've included photos of all three bags' stitching below)

I'm not sure whether this is a prevalent issue in the Toy size exclusively or all of them, but do any of you with this style bag notice this same "issue" on your bag? I haven't seen anyone else bring it up on this forum that I could find. I'd like to know whether to just purchase the Loulou from this boutique and get over the stitching issue I have, or whether to hold out for a bag without an apparent pulling on the leather. I'm also not sure how well this bag will wear over time if the leather pulls apart like this just during the manufacturing process.

Any thoughts and insights you guys have on this stitching as well as wear and tear would be much appreciated!! Thanks :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4733.JPG
    IMG_4733.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4731.JPG
    IMG_4731.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_4730.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 134
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 136
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 140
  • Bag2_4742.JPG
    Bag2_4742.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Bag2_4741.JPG
    Bag2_4741.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 122
  • Bag2_4742.JPG
    Bag2_4742.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
If you search further, I posted a similar question just a few weeks ago (link below). The stitching on mine is the same, I decided to keep because the color was sold out everywhere and I got a good price for it. If I could exchange, I definitely would! I also looked at the preloved market, many appear to show the same quality in stitching. There was another user who posted on my thread; and hers came directly from the Saint Laurent store; and had the same issues.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-and-leather-issues-on-my-toy-loulou.1027037/

If possible, it would be best to buy it at the store so you can examine before you purchase.

If you search further, I posted a similar question just a few weeks ago (link below). The stitching on mine is the same, I decided to keep because the color was sold out everywhere and I got a good price for it. If I could exchange, I definitely would! I also looked at the preloved market, many appear to show the same quality in stitching. There was another user who posted on my thread; and hers came directly from the Saint Laurent store; and had the same issues.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-and-leather-issues-on-my-toy-loulou.1027037/

If possible, it would be best to buy it at the store so you can examine before you purchase.

Thank you for linking me! This is my first time on the forum, so I'm sorry for the redundancy. It's good to know that it's not just my bag, although it's disappointing that they all seem to have this quality. Luckily so many luxury stores have great return policies. The boutique that sent me the photos also has a great price on the item since they're international, so I'm tempted to buy theirs if they're all going to look like this. Can you see the pulled leather on yours when looking at the bag straight-on? Most sections with this issue are covered unless I inspect the bag closely, but the three biggest "tears" near the front are visible on mine even when just looking at the bag from the front, which is my biggest gripe.

Thank you for your help!

Thanks so much for the photo! This is really helpful, and I'll definitely be exchanging mine. How are you getting on with yours?
So far so good, the holes don't seem to be stretching out on the flap stitching. However, I've only used it a couple of times due to the pandemic. I love it so much though, it fits all the essentials and its very lightweight!