YSL Touche Eclat vs. Chanel Spring 2010 Highlighting Powder

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently purchased the YSL Touche Eclat after reading rave reviews about it but then I saw the highlighting powder from the Chanel Spring 2010 collection and it looks really tempting. Does the highlighting powder act as a bronzer as well? I'm new to makeup so I need advice from you experts.

I also got the Nars blush in orgasm, but I was thinking if it would be unnecessary to have all 3? Does anyone substitute bronzer as blush? I'm Asian and I have golden undertones. I was thinking a bronzer might look more subtle and neutral. I don't know if a pink blush will look complement my skin tone.

TIA!

2. Hi. I have all 3 products you mentioned. First the TE is a liquid highlighter. There is no shimmer to it, just a natural radiance. You can use it on the outer corners of your eyes, around your lips. Anywhere you want to brighten. The Chanel highlighter is a golden color with a shot of peach. Great for the top of the cheekbones, cupids bow, under the brow. It is subtle if used with the brush it comes with. Orgasm is a blush that really looks good on many skin tones. I wouldnt use the Chanel highlighter and the orgasm at the same time. I like to layer orgasm over other bluhes as its really sheer on darker skin tones. Have fun!

3. Thanks so much for your help! I have yet to try out the Chanel highlighter. I hope it works with my skin tone because it looks really pretty.

4. I have all three and I really think they are very different products. I could not live without the YSL Touche Eclat - I have dark areas around the inner corners of my eyes by the bridge of my nose which makes me look super tired. The YSL really disguises and brightens that area, as well as the creases around my nose and nostrils, making them look not as deep as they are. The Chanel highlighter I use under my eyes after foundation to brighten the area, and my NARS blush I use as a blush.

5. Use TE as a highlighter around my eyes& lips

Not a fan of bronzer so would not use that product for that purpose..

6. thanks Needanotherbag and hotshot for your input. I'm starting to think that the Chanel highlighter isn't really worth the price. I've been hearing better reviews about their tweed highlighter from their holiday collection.