Review YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Serum

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Basics:

A new product part of the Touche Eclat and Blur range

Transparent gel primer with radiance and additional tiny particles of gold.

Tiny amount glides over a large area.
Feels like a serum on the skin.
Sets like a normal primer
Gold particles are not so noticeable

What they say (YSL Beauty):

Blurring & illuminating fluid gel primer
Our 1st light infused primer that evens the look of skintone, blurs pores and fine lines, and helps your make-up last longer.
This new generation primer combines an advanced technology to create an ideal canvas.
The magic light of Touche Eclat in a transparent gel, allows light to diffuse through optimally.
A perfect complexion instantly illuminated, visible pores appear reduced, skin texture looks smoothed and skin luminosity is boosted

What I thought:

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Serum goes on smoothly and a very tiny amount glides over a large area. It takes a little while to settle so I couldn't be in a break-neck hurry (slight sticking point - no pun intended) I wear Ellis Faas foundation and separate concealer over. I don't think tinted moisturiser would work over or under, so for me I can't use for Summer.

It has that very, very smooth (silicone?) feel and then sets. Very easy to apply foundation, certainly less used than without (I use a push pen-brush). Very stable all day, 12 hours no problem.

You don't see gold sparkle once on (not sure what it adds apart from in the bottle prettiness) and the radiance is visible but subtle and uniform (not like my LM radiance primer which I can only use on my cheeks unless on stage, almost looks like I'm sweating).

Not sure about lines, hard to tell on myself, but certainly gives the appearance of finer skin and diminished pores

I used Ellis Faas translucent powder very lightly on my T-zone for work but for evening I would play-up the illumination with Chanel Infiniment or similar.

Limitations:
I haven't tried on the eyelids as eye-shadow primer, bit worried about gold particles so near the eye.

Basics:

A new product part of the Touche Eclat and Blur range

Transparent gel primer with radiance and additional tiny particles of gold.

Tiny amount glides over a large area.
Feels like a serum on the skin.
Sets like a normal primer
Gold particles are not so noticeable

What they say (YSL Beauty):

Blurring & illuminating fluid gel primer
Our 1st light infused primer that evens the look of skintone, blurs pores and fine lines, and helps your make-up last longer.
This new generation primer combines an advanced technology to create an ideal canvas.
The magic light of Touche Eclat in a transparent gel, allows light to diffuse through optimally.
A perfect complexion instantly illuminated, visible pores appear reduced, skin texture looks smoothed and skin luminosity is boosted

What I thought:

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer Serum goes on smoothly and a very tiny amount glides over a large area. It takes a little while to settle so I couldn't be in a break-neck hurry (slight sticking point - no pun intended) I wear Ellis Faas foundation and separate concealer over. I don't think tinted moisturiser would work over or under, so for me I can't use for Summer.

It has that very, very smooth (silicone?) feel and then sets. Very easy to apply foundation, certainly less used than without (I use a push pen-brush). Very stable all day, 12 hours no problem.

You don't see gold sparkle once on (not sure what it adds apart from in the bottle prettiness) and the radiance is visible but subtle and uniform (not like my LM radiance primer which I can only use on my cheeks unless on stage, almost looks like I'm sweating).

Not sure about lines, hard to tell on myself, but certainly gives the appearance of finer skin and diminished pores

I used Ellis Faas translucent powder very lightly on my T-zone for work but for evening I would play-up the illumination with Chanel Infiniment or similar.

Limitations:
I haven't tried on the eyelids as eye-shadow primer, bit worried about gold particles so near the eye.

Great review, PT. I have a sample which I need to try now. I love the Chanel Infiniment powder. Did you try the new loose Chanel powder, too?

Great review, PT. I have a sample which I need to try now. I love the Chanel Infiniment powder. Did you try the new loose Chanel powder, too?

Do try it. I think it's better than Guerlain L'OR Radiance Concentrate with Pure Gold which it reminded me of in the bottle.

You could do a review of the Chanel Infiniment powder. I've used mine 3 times, yesterday with the YSL TE Blur primer (then foundation) and I definitely think I looked more radiant than I felt :biggrin:. Both avoid that 'fevery' sheen that some radiance products give. BTW, I gave away my Hourglass powder after buying the Chanel.

I haven't tried the new loose powder, but I have at least 3 pots of loose powder (Kryolan, Bare Essentials and Lily Lolo) that need using up so...

I currently use this because it's less drying than the Murad blurring primer with sunscreen which I used during the summer. It isn't bad but nothing special and not really blurring. I do enjoy the packaging. The little gold flecks aren't numerous (maybe one or two flecks per application) but they do show on your face and considering the price I probably won't repurchase, just so I can keep trying other brands.

I currently use this because it's less drying than the Murad blurring primer with sunscreen which I used during the summer. It isn't bad but nothing special and not really blurring. I do enjoy the packaging. The little gold flecks aren't numerous (maybe one or two flecks per application) but they do show on your face and considering the price I probably won't repurchase, just so I can keep trying other brands.

I agree with everything you said. I will say that. Bought it because of the rave reviews it received from a YTber I follow. I was less than impressed; BUT, I do love the feel. When I am done I think I will be going back to my NARS primer.

For me this primer is amazing and this is from someone who has always stirred clear of primers because none of them lived up to the hype.

However I think this primer is best used with the new éclat foundation as it appears they were meant to be used together. Which is what made me go ahead and try the primer since I already use éclat foundation and the results are great!

So you're probably not going to get the full effects of this primer using it with a different brand foundation.