YSL tote: I'm disappointed is this expected?

Mom2to2

O.G.
Mar 28, 2013
IMG_1491695007.761538.jpgIMG_1491695026.730073.jpg
Just got my YSL tote today in the Coal colour, I love this bag and I also love the subtlety of the gold printed logo. But this looks like it's almost wearing off..... does anyone have the same experience. Should I exchange or leave it as is?

Thanks

View attachment 3661483View attachment 3661484
Just got my YSL tote today in the Coal colour, I love this bag and I also love the subtlety of the gold printed logo. But this looks like it's almost wearing off..... does anyone have the same experience. Should I exchange or leave it as is?

Thanks
Definitely exchange it. Mine's a year old and the gold is not wearing off at all. (See pic). IMG_3523 (1).JPG

Wow. Wish I'd paid more attention to the details when I was in store. So annoying. I'm definitely going to exchange.

Hope you were able to exchange it for a better one!
I bought the same exact tote back a few months ago in September and I've noticed that the printed logo has started to fade; I'm pretty upset about it. In a recent visit to YSL a week ago I asked the SA what can be done about it and was told that nothing can be done about the fading and that I should just be more careful with it... :annoyed: I use the tote on a daily and even though I don't baby it as much compared to other more delicate bags that I have, I don't throw it around either, I'm disappointed and sad.:sad::annoyed:

Last edited:
Hope you were able to exchange it for a better one!
I bought the same exact tote back a few months ago in September and I've noticed that the printed logo has started to fade; I'm pretty upset about it. In a recent visit to YSL a week ago I asked the SA what can be done about it and was told that nothing can be done about the fading and that I should just be more careful with it... :annoyed: I use the tote on a daily and even though I don't baby it as much compared to other more delicate bags that I have, I don't throw it around either, I'm disappointed and sad.:sad::annoyed:

IMG_1492473255.767274.jpg

I did go and exchange it. New picture attached. I'm not too impressed either. I was told this is as good as it gets! Unfortunately, I bought it at a Saint Laurent Boutique. (FYI: I'll never do that again) you can't return anything in the boutique. Exchange or store credit only. I know Saks had better ones. Oh well, lesson learned ..

Reactions: LAsun
View attachment 3661483View attachment 3661484

Thanks
I don't think this happens just to Saint Laurent bags. It happens to any brand with stamped logos but it shouldn't be wearing off this soon. I have a Saint Laurent Sac De Jour from 2015 and the logo is still perfect. Also i have a Baby Sac De Jour and use it a lot and the silver logo is not fading or wearing off. It must be annoying that this happened to you. I would suggest you stay away from stamped ones if it bothers you. Maybe the embedded logos may be better at least they won't fade.

Reactions: canyongirl
View attachment 3670621

I did go and exchange it. New picture attached. I'm not too impressed either. I was told this is as good as it gets! Unfortunately, I bought it at a Saint Laurent Boutique. (FYI: I'll never do that again) you can't return anything in the boutique. Exchange or store credit only. I know Saks had better ones. Oh well, lesson learned ..

This is very helpful, thank you. I’ll be going to Saks or a department store for future purchases.