YSL to Saint Laurent Paris...are you still going to buy this brand?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do not like St Laurent. Whats new about that duffle bag which looks like a bowling bag? Dont like it at all , dont like the shoes dont like the bags im still buying tribute and tribtoo

2. I hope an expert out there knows the answer to my question:

just when Hedi Slimane was coming in, were there any YSL Chyc cabas produced in the original style BUT without the squared off YSL zipper pulls? I mean the zipper pulls that have the square holes through them?

Like was there a cross-over transition season before this bag morphed into Saint Laurent Paris satchel????

I flat out prefer all the original YSL bags...not Saint Laurent.

3. I agree. After everything I've seen and read, I wholeheartedly will not buy any saint Laurent until they bring the Yves back or Hedi Slimane leaved

4. I feel like part of me is dead when they took away the Y from YSL. I will still consider buying the new SLP but it will never be like the original YSL again. YSL is irreplaceable. :shucks:

5. A year ago, I owned one bag from Yves Saint Laurent and nothing else. Not a single thing caught my attention. I think they were all dull and boring. This is coming from a guy btw.

When I heard about changing the name to Saint Laurent Paris. I thought the name was horrible since Yves Saint Laurent is such a classic.

But now, seeing all the new pieces coming out, I have to say Saint Laurent Paris is winning me over. I absolutely adore the house's RTW collections. The clothes are catching my attention and the new shoes, Janis I think, in my mind, beat those Tribute sandals for sure. The men's collection is pretty nice as well. I mean, it's really grabbing my attention at the moment.

6. Cabas has several versions from YSL through transitional one to the new without Y pattern on the bag. Dust bags, paper tags, zipper pulls - all of it were mixed in a certain times with newer detail...it is a nightmare to authenticate. Font of the serial number changed as well, so that adds to the trouble

7. I know a lot of people may not agree, but I just love the Sac Du Jour....it is gorgy to me....

8. Love Love Love his work:loveeyes:
    He seems down to earth too.

9. Thank you for your response. I have 30 days for full refund which is pretty good.

10. Hi ladies. I joined the forum as I'm new to YSL (always admired them from afar) and have a question about the clutches. What are the differences between the BDJ and Y Ligne YSL clutch with the new ones from SLP?

11. well, I know lots of ladies don't like SL but I just bought the first SL bag ever (never liked any YSL) and I love it! it is the medium betty in black suede - love also the new shoes and RTW. neither tribute nor tribtoo ever worked for me so I welcome all changes.

12. I will say that I love the Betty, too. But is not the Betty based on a classic YSL bag? I dont think it's a Slimane invention - morese a Slimane interpretation.

Mainly, we just hate the man's attitude.

13. ah ok, I don't know a thing about him and was not an avid follower of YSL in the last few years, so this is probably why I don't mind.

it is very possible that it is a reinterpretation of a classic Yves Saint Laurent bag. My mother used to buy Yves Saint Laurent dresses (back then they would never refer to it as YSL) for all major occasions, and I love the classic designs.

14. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS YSL BAG FROM 2009 I believe! Saint Laurent does not compare to the vain, confident logo driven aesthetics that Yves Saint Laurent created with the bags! bagaholicboy.com/2010/07/ysl-vavin-duffle/

Please some one help me find an AUTHENTIC bag! My brother has one so I can compare but he will not give it to me! YSL logo duffle bag

15. Hi! I'm new to the forums. I just purchased my first Saint Laurent Paris about two weeks ago for my birthday. Although I'm more familiar with the name "YSL", I do think the name Saint Laurent Paris is a bit more sophisticating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice