YSL to Saint Laurent Paris...are you still going to buy this brand?

hrhkaren

O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
From all the articles I've read on purse blog to opinions on PF...it's now giving me second thoughts on my newly purchased purple classique cabas.

With the namesake of YSL changing to Saint Laurent Paris, and the "Y" branding on the YSL version of the chyc is now replaced on the Saint Laurent Paris stamp version with a new feature of a leather pouch with hidden key loop instead. Even though I love my bag, I don't know if these changes will make having a YSL/Saint Laurent Paris bag not as lust worthy as before Hedi Slimane's helm.

Changes like that, are you going to continue buy the bags regardless of these changes or do you think that the lust level will dwindle down and the brand become a story in time?

:shucks::sad:

hrhkaren said:
From all the articles I've read on purse blog to opinions on PF...it's now giving me second thoughts on my newly purchased purple classique cabas.

With the namesake of YSL changing to Saint Laurent Paris, and the "Y" branding on the YSL version of the chyc is now replaced on the Saint Laurent Paris stamp version with a new feature of a leather pouch with hidden key loop instead. Even though I love my bag, I don't know if these changes will make having a YSL/Saint Laurent Paris bag not as lust worthy as before Hedi Slimane's helm.

Changes like that, are you going to continue buy the bags regardless of these changes or do you think that the lust level will dwindle down and the brand become a story in time?

:shucks::sad:

For me, luxury items add more charm and appreciation as they age. For example, My mother's Chanel bags and YSL shoes from the 1980s have a different vibe compared to the current models but still have that distinction unique to the brand they were made by. I love my vintage Tom Ford for Gucci items! Buy things because you like it and appreciate it, not because you lust for it or want others to envy you. I love older Balenciaga bags because of the quality of the goat skin they used to use for their Moto line!