YSL synthetic leather?

bagaholicpnw

Feb 10, 2021
Hi All- bought a bag second hand from TRR. The listing said it was a leather Sac du Jour. however, just got the bag and it is Sac Hunting line and is synthetic leather. See attached authentication tags. I’m disputing the sale with TRR as I feel the bag was misrepresented and also priced as SDJ. I suspect the hunting line cost much less but can’t find any info about it. The bag is from 2015. Does anyone know of this line? I was under impression that YSL is always leather so surprised when I opened it up and translated the card. Thanks in advance!!

CD488E55-2489-4B57-931F-BB96EA982389.jpeg

Reactions: papertiger
Hi All- bought a bag second hand from TRR. The listing said it was a leather Sac du Jour. however, just got the bag and it is Sac Hunting line and is synthetic leather. See attached authentication tags. I’m disputing the sale with TRR as I feel the bag was misrepresented and also priced as SDJ. I suspect the hunting line cost much less but can’t find any info about it. The bag is from 2015. Does anyone know of this line? I was under impression that YSL is always leather so surprised when I opened it up and translated the card. Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 5194221
Could this be from the men's line? TRR has a no return policy for handbags right? Hopefully they will do the right thing.

Could this be from the men's line? TRR has a no return policy for handbags right? Hopefully they will do the right thing.
Yep. No idea if it’s men’s or not. Just advertised as a SDJ which is why I bought it. Smelled like plastic when I opened it and did not feel like my other YSL bags. If I’d seen the tags in the listing or I’d it had been listed as synthetic then I would have passed on it‍♀️

Reactions: HavPlenty
Yep. No idea if it’s men’s or not. Just advertised as a SDJ which is why I bought it. Smelled like plastic when I opened it and did not feel like my other YSL bags. If I’d seen the tags in the listing or I’d it had been listed as synthetic then I would have passed on it‍♀
That's just awful. Hope you get your money back.

I’ve emailed them and awaiting a response. This is my first time buying on the secondary market. I’ve always shied away for fear something like this would happen.
Well, for what it's worth, if such things happened all the time, consignment shops would've gone out of business. Mishaps like this are an exception rather than a rule. You've nothing to worry about, there's no way this situation won't be resolved in your favor. TRR are clearly in the wrong here.

Their usual way of doing business seems to be to prioritize quantity over quality, i.e. they have lots of items for sale at pretty low prices, but their 'authenticators' are a joke and they would sometimes make mistakes like what happened with your bag. Try Yoogi's Closet, Fashionphile, Ann's Fabulous Finds.

View attachment 5194221

I don’t believe this label indicates the bag is synthetic leather. It says one of the materials of the bag is leather, and it describes the leather as calfskin (bovine) and Pleine fleur, which basically means full grain. So very much actual leather.

Then I am guessing this bag also has a textile component?, and that is what is being described as synthetic.

I don’t believe this label indicates the bag is synthetic leather. It says one of the materials of the bag is leather, and it describes the leather as calfskin (bovine) and Pleine fleur, which basically means full grain. So very much actual leather.

Then I am guessing this bag also has a textile component?, and that is what is being described as synthetic.
Oh, interesting. I was hoping someone would know how to read the card and translate correctly. I’m still learning so huge thanks for your help. I managed to translate the “cuir synthetic” and bag smelled and felt plasticy so panicked.
This makes me feel a little better. Would welcome input from anyone who knows YSL and familiar with the tags. You are all awesome!

Reactions: papertiger
Sometimes leather may smell "plasticky." Do you have pics of the bag?
Quite a few actually! I’m going to take another look when I’m back in town. Maybe I was so paranoid about a fake that I put myself in a worried state for no reason‍♀️

Attachments

• 01AD691D-17C3-4A3E-9D90-6BA08E06B5DE.jpeg
    01AD691D-17C3-4A3E-9D90-6BA08E06B5DE.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 22
  • F7F063E5-25D8-4EA1-937A-73C3783EBEB8.jpeg
    F7F063E5-25D8-4EA1-937A-73C3783EBEB8.jpeg
    415.2 KB · Views: 22
  • BCCECB47-D122-4C94-A955-D9D96A8949F7.jpeg
    BCCECB47-D122-4C94-A955-D9D96A8949F7.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 21
  • C0DD9BBB-F1D1-491C-B4FE-059CA50407AA.jpeg
    C0DD9BBB-F1D1-491C-B4FE-059CA50407AA.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 20
  • FFFD5E90-DEE3-448C-8345-DDCF8DA7F1FF.jpeg
    FFFD5E90-DEE3-448C-8345-DDCF8DA7F1FF.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 77D42C3C-A384-43D6-A96E-8A7B11BB261E.jpeg
    77D42C3C-A384-43D6-A96E-8A7B11BB261E.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 805A73BA-1B55-4382-A18E-C9FE193EC21E.jpeg
    805A73BA-1B55-4382-A18E-C9FE193EC21E.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 20
Quite a few actually! I’m going to take another look when I’m back in town. Maybe I was so paranoid about a fake that I put myself in a worried state for no reason‍♀

It looks like leather to me! Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a Sac Du Jour done in a synthetic leather. My YSL backpack smells sorta...plasticky? Definitely not the scrumptious leather smell you get from an Hermes or Balenciaga, but not really plasticky either.

If you are concerned, you should try to get it authenticated!